Conference & Events Assistant Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
We’re looking for experienced Conference, Events or Business Travel professionals with leadership or supervisory experience for a brand new Assistant Manager role. If you’re a strong motivator and are able to really bring out the best in people, then this is a fantastic opportunity to bring those excellent leadership skills to the busy Conference & Events team at one of the UK’s leading TMCs. Based in East Kilbride, this is an interesting and varied role, which involves supporting the branch manager and effectively leading the Conference & Events team to ensure maximum and consistent service levels are delivered to customers, internal departments and suppliers. Previous supervisory and conference/ event booking experience are essential for this role and in return our client are offering an attractive package for the successful candidate including a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
If you’re interested in finding out more about this Conference & Events Assistant Manager role, please contact us today for a confidential chat or apply online.
Role of Conference & Events Assistant Manager:
- Support the Branch Manager, effectively leading a busy Events team.
- Ensure that your team know what is expected of them in terms of targets, standards and KPIs, and that you effectively help to monitor their performance to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that all agreed processes and products are introduced and utilised to the maximum efficiency and then monitored for adherence.
- Assist the Branch Manager in dealing with employee issues including recruitment, absence and performance matters.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounts to the agreed service levels
- Assist the Branch Manager in investigating and responding to complaints
- Work with Account Management to ensure maximum opportunity to retain the customer accounts. Provide prior notice of any relevant activity involving any client under their jurisdiction, including service concerns or details of any known activity by a competitor
- Establish and maintain a good level of rapport with key preferred suppliers and other internal departments
Skills required for the role:
- Previous Conference, Events or Business Travel experience
- Previous experience at a supervisory or management level
- Strong leadership and motivation skills
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the business travel/events sectors and GDS systems
- Ability to manage difficult situations within a team
- Ability to respond to changing business needs and reprioritise own time accordingly
If you’re interested in learning more about this fantastic Conference and Events Assistant Manager role, please contact Succeed Recruitment Solutions or press the apply online button now!
Not for you? Then please visit our website to view the other exciting roles we have available; www.succeed-recruitment.com.
Succeed Recruitment Solutions – for the best Travel jobs, Multilingual jobs, Airline jobs and Contact Centre jobs.
Apply for Conference & Events Assistant Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly