Data Engineer (ElasticSearch/Kafka) -global eCommerce - Bangkok
7 days left
- Contract Type
Data Engineer (ElasticSearch/Kafka) - global eCommerce - Bangkok
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field
- At least 3 years' experience working with modern systems languages
- Experience debugging and reasoning about production issues
- A good understanding of data architecture principles
- Be able to attend in on-call rotation
Not Required but a big plus
- Any experience with 'Big Data' technologies / tools
- Strong systems administration skills in Linux
- Strong experience in JVM languages (Java / Scala in particular)
- Python/Perl/Go/Shell scripting skills also a plus.
- Experience working with ElasticSearch/Kafka Architectures
- Experience working with open source products
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies.
This American dotcom, a top 5 player in their industry, operates a global network that includes more than 250,000 partners worldwide. With world class talent from over 65 countries, the atmosphere of a start-up and the muscle of a $3bn business, this company is an incredible technical creative melting pot.
Our clinet's Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate engineers to build products across their next gen data platform products.
Their systems scale across multiple data centers, totaling a few million writes per second and managing petabytes of data. They deal with problems from real-time data-ingestion, replication, enrichment, storage and analytics. They are not just using Big Data technologies, they are pushing them to the edge.
This company is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia and are part of the largest online travel company in the world. They have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital of a blue-chip to make things happen. In this competitive world of online travel agencies, finding even the slightest advantage in the data can make or break a company. That is why they put data systems in their top priorities.
While they are proud of what they've built so far, there is still a long way to go to fulfill their vision of data. They are looking for people who are as excited about data technology as they are, to join the fight.
You can be part of designing, building, deploying (and probably debugging) products across all aspects of their core data platform products.
A few of the technologies they use
ElasticSearch, Kafka, Cassandra, Sensu, Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana, Logstash, Kibana, Python, Go.
- Improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of existing data systems
- Design, build, test and deploy new libraries, frameworks or full systems for core systems while keeping to the highest standards of testing and code quality
- Work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify and build tools to automate many large-scale data management / analysis tasks.
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of ElasticSearch/Kafka to provide 24 x 7 uptime and availability across multiple datacenters
Our client offers:
- Competitive annual salary (above market rate)
- Medical coverage
- Discounted hotel accommodation; anywhere in the world
- Exposure to travel industry
- Excellent growth opportunities
- Exciting, multicultural environment
- Dress code: smart casual
If you are a Data Scientist and the idea of becoming part of this success story appeals to you we want to hear from you straight away. Send us your CV now.
Apply for Data Engineer (ElasticSearch/Kafka) -global eCommerce - Bangkok
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly