Accounting Manager CN-Shanghai
Accounting Manager CN-Shanghai
Our client is a leading Asia-based, online hotel reservations company, which specialises in securing the lowest discount hotel prices. Their network includes more than 250,000 hotels worldwide. A multinational team of more than 1,200 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
As an Accounting Manager you will work as part of a team supporting the business with financial accounts, accounting controls and tax.
- Prepare complete details and accurate accounts for all entities including a group consolidation.
- Report accurate, timely and insightful monthly management accounts and financial updates for management review
- Motivate management accounting/nominal ledger team to take further responsibility for accounts input and preparation processes, and ensure career development in a supportive manner.
- Manage and liaise with auditors, IT review and tax computation processes from planning to filing in an efficient and effective manner.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Monitor accounting and associated IT systems create appropriately debtors/creditor/nominal ledger and booking system interdependencies.
- Responsible for review of journal entries
- Review reconciliations of all significant account balances including bank accounts (daily) and fixed assets, debtors and creditors (monthly), and report significant exceptions to management
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Understand key concepts of tax returns (i.e. corporate income tax, withholding tax and indirect taxes) in foreign jurisdictions where the company has legal presence.
- Provide tax team with accurate information for the purpose of tax compliance in local and foreign jurisdictions
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting
- Minimum experience of 5 years in accounting or related fields with at least 3 years in managerial level
- Tax knowledge
- Accounting software/ ERP application skills
- Analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Communication skills
- Planning & Coordination skills
- Excel & presentation skills
Our client offers:
- Competitive annual salary above market rate
- Medical coverage (outpatient and inpatient)
- Discounted hotel accommodation; anywhere in the world
- Exposure to travel industry
- Work environment: multinational
- Dress code: smart casual
If you bring what we're looking for and you like what you read then apply with CV now.
Please note we can only accept applications from persons eligible to work in China
Apply for Accounting Manager CN-Shanghai
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly