Tax & Financial Control Manager - eCommerce - Travel - New York
Tax Compliance & Reporting Manager - eCommerce New York
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS BASED IN NEW YORK CITY! You must be willing to relocate to the USA if you are interested in this role. Full relocation assistance and visa sponsorship is provided.
Our client is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. Offering over 700,000 properties in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, their globe-spanning network of travel experts are at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels. This company employs more than 2,000 travel professionals of 67 nationalities in 35+ locations around the world. Their top team resides at their operating headquarters in Bangkok, where there are more than 1000 professionals. In the USA they are rapidly expanding their team and network of partners from their main office in the Empire State building in New York City.
As the Tax and Financial Control Manager you take the lead in the USA organisation on US (ecommerce) tax matters and actively work with teams in the Bangkok based headquarters to ensure business processes can support the changing tax environment. You support process owners in a growing USA organisation to design and maintain internal controls in line with business compliance needs and to maintain the quality of processes. And you act as a liaison for the USA organisation with corporate teams such as Legal, Purchasing and Finance, among others to enable us to rapidly expand the network of offices in the USA.
- Setup, oversee and report on local state/city tax registration in a fast changing ecommerce tax landscape.
- Liaise with corporate tax , legal and finance departments and external counsel
- Ensure submission and remittance of tax requirements is timely and accurate (local statuary tax control and filing)
- Stay on top of changes in the tax and regulatory environment, and provide our local teams and headquarters in Bangkok with actionable and timely intelligence on how this impacts our business.
- Analyse business processes and other business compliance topics to identify risks and control weaknesses
- Provide guidance and support to process owners in designing and implementing appropriate controls to strengthen the control environment and mitigate the company risks
- Assist with documentation of processes by collaborating with process owners and control performers
- Coordinate on behalf of the USA organisation with our corporate HR, Legal, Purchasing, and Finance teams, based in Bangkok.
- Manage the process of new office openings from end to end
- Oversee and administer key legal and commercial documents in collaboration with the corporate office in Bangkok.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Finance
- 8-10 years experience in a corporate tax, compliance, process, quality or risk control role
- Work experience in an ecommerce environment is a plus
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail. High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior managers across all business departments
- Self-starter with strong sense of responsibility
- Process, problem solving and action orientated mindset.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Professional "get it done" attitude and work ethic
If you bring what we're looking for and you like what you read then apply with CV now.
Apply for Tax & Financial Control Manager - eCommerce - Travel - New York
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly