Business Travel Manager
Our client, an independent Travel Management Company based in Essex is seeking a Travel Manager to join their friendly team.
To work with the Director of Business Travel to ensure a professional and quality service is provided to the clients
To lead, motivate and inspire a team of office based consultants who all have varied levels of client facing activity
Communicate and influence commercial awareness within the Travel team to meet revenue targets set by the business
Travel Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee the day to day working activities for the Business Travel department. Identify where changes are necessary and implement in conjunction with the Director of Business Travel.
- To support Consultants with personal assessments across the team to maintain/improve quality of service or as required. To highlight and allow action where further training needed.
- To identify coaching needs and ensure consultants are mentored and progress measured in line with their Annual Performance Reviews.
- Ensure department is adequately resourced with relevant skills and competencies and to cover business peaks and troughs.
- Working with Director of Business Travel, agree and instigate Team KPI’s, ensuring monthly results are communicated as appropriate.
- Ensure holiday / overtime / sickness of the team is in line with company procedures.
- Communicate and influence Commercial awareness within the Business Travel to meet revenue targets set by the business.
- Act as the main point of contact for the Head of National Accounts regarding New Business/Client issues.
- Working with Account Managers to support the growth and development of the Business Travel service within the company portfolio by attending new business presentations and client reviews.
- Keep abreast of developments within our industry and recommend to the Director of Business Travel any adjustment to practices or recommendation to improve service.
Travel Manager Key Competencies
- Driven individual with a background of successfully managing a large team of individuals
- Ability to motivate, lead and grow a strong competent team
- Ability to deliver effective and productive resource planning
- Ability to achieve revenue targets in line with the department budget
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with a variety of levels within the business.
- Ability to handle complex situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to investigate detailed issues and report to senior management.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels, and especially keep clients updated at all times.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Good I.T. skills to enable client set up on the EZI / Sabre system
- Analytical skills regarding Team output and resources
Travel Manager Key Qualifications
- Supervisory/Management and training skills
- Industry background – 3 years Business Travel experience essential. Additional experience of Hotel Reservations/Hotel Booking Agents an advantage.
- GDS training essential (preferably Sabre).
- BA fares and ticketing Levels 1 and 2 minimum. (or equivalent) Level 3 an advantage.
- IATA trained.