SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE
6 days left
- Contract Type
Supply / Supplier Management Executive required for a leading and extremely well established global travel company based in Manchester City Centre. Offering a basic salary dependant on experience of between £23,000 - £30,000, working normal office hours Monday - Friday this is a great and unique opportunity not to be missed for travel OR hotel / hospitality professionals with strong commercial and contracting experience of suppliers.
The successful Supply / Supplier Management Executive will show experience of generating and closing leads with potential suppliers, who has a can-do attitude and is willing to get involved across all the commercial elements of a new business, whether that be analysing supplier performance, managing supplier relationships, negotiating rates, training new team members or product development.
This would be the chance to join a completely new team within the business, being run independently and with a start-up feel - and hence the chance to make a significant mark in delivering the commercial and supplier strategy, as well as being able to bring new destinations to market in very short time frames. In addition, you would grow with the business and the role, so an opportunity to develop alongside the company as it matures.
Key responsibilities of the Supply / Supplier Management Executive:-
- Contact potential suppliers to understand their product, processes and their interest in working with the company, developing a prioritised contact plan
- Conduct site visits internationally to "win over" potential suppliers, understand their suitability and their operations, and what development might be required
- Negotiate initial contracts, rates and terms & conditions to scale available product
- Ensure suppliers details and rates are loaded accurately and in conjunction with timescales and criteria defined by the supplier
- Analyse supplier performance to pre-agreed targets, and identify areas of risk or opportunity
- Communicate with suppliers over email and telephone, to solve customer queries, share insights into performance and continually review terms & conditions the market
- Develop supplier and industry contact relationships in order to better understand the market in new locations, and use this knowledge to develop and execute supply & supplier development strategies
- Monitor competitor pricing and utilise in making data-driven revenue management decisions affecting pricing and the mix of supplier volume
- Continuous review of MI & reporting to improve your ability to deliver in a data-driven fashion
- Load product details, rates, and other requirements in order to get new suppliers on sale, as well as making adjustments for current suppliers
- Provide updates to management on performance, and work to deliver against targets
- Assist with training new starters, and integrating new joiners into a rapidly expanding team
- Get involved in business improvement projects as necessary, and generally be proactive and helpful in a small team / start-up environment
In order to apply for this excellent opportunity as Supply / Supplier Management Executive you will:-
- Have relevant experience gained in a similar role such as contracting, supplier management / product management / commercial management from the travel industry or hotel / hospitality industry.
- Be educated to degree level
- Possess good working use of Microsoft Office applications, including high levels of Excel knowledge
To apply for this excellent opportunity in supplier / product management for this new venture of a very well established travel company and prove your commercial flair and supplier account management acumen please send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call Jason on 0161 238 4496 OR apply below
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk
Apply for SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly