Hotel Purchasing Assistant
7 days left
- Contract Type
We currently have an employment vacancy for a Hotels Purchasing Assistant. This person would be involved not only in the day to day responsibility of finding and booking group space at suitable hotel accommodation according to our customer’s needs, but also with the contracting of hotel rate agreements and allocations.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will be able to work as part of a team, understanding and dealing with customer hotel booking requirements and delivering the right product and price within time deadlines.
Reporting to and working with the Hotel Purchasing Manager, this vacancy is ideal for a person who has a good experience in dealing with hotels within the group travel sector, and is keen to expand their knowledge and skills as we deal with suppliers all over Europe. The applicant must have a proficiency to think on their own to solve problems and must be able to negotiate with hotels on a regular basis. The role provides an ideal opportunity for a candidate to develop booking and contracting skills.
The Hotel Purchasing Assistant will report directly to the Hotel Purchasing Manager and subsequently to the General Manager who oversees the Department.
- Profiling and sourcing the right hotel according to client requirements.
- The negotiation of prices within budget and workable booking conditions for non-contracted hotels
- Provisional booking of hotels, administration of option deadlines and booking confirmations, ensuring that the booking is correctly entered in our hotel database and hotel paperwork is received and filed.
- Identifying destinations and periods where hotel allocations may be required, booking allocations and loading bookings into database.
- Identifying where hotel rate agreements need to be set up and what price level is required to be competitive.
- Contracting hotel rate agreements and booking conditions then loading agreements into our hotel contract database.
- Loading data on new hotels booked or contracted. Entering and updating contact information at hotels.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with hotel suppliers.
- To be well groomed, dressed and presentable in the work place.
- To have a happy, enthusiastic and organised approach to your work, this can be demanding, but rewarding, during peak periods of the season.
Candidate knowledge and skills required:
- Relevant experience in the Travel Industry dealing with Group Bookings and Hotels.
- To act as a team Player in the Hotel Department, also co-ordinating work with sales and product.
- Strong Organisational and Administrative Skills.
- Ability to Multi-Task and Plan Daily, Weekly and Monthly Activity.
- Professional and Pleasant Telephone Manner.
- Good Geographical Knowledge of the UK and Europe a preference.
- Computer Literate with Word and Excel Skills.
- Attention to Detail a Must.
- European languages (French, Spanish, Italian or German) would be an advantage.
- Must hold a full UK clean driving licence.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs.
Remuneration A standard three month probationary period will apply based on an annual salary of £18,000 to 20,000 pro-rated accordingly. A one month notice period will apply.
Probationary Period A standard three month probationary period will apply based on an annual salary of £18,000 to 20,000 pro-rated accordingly. A one week notice period will apply.
Overtime Policy During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid.
Holiday Entitlement A minimum 20 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
20 days per annum, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday request will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
- A workplace pension scheme - following three months of continuous service.
- Concessionary travel with CMV – following six months of continuous service.
- Staff discounts on selected travel products.
- Business mileage can be claimed and company expenses can be claimed, subject to approval by Line Manager and completion of the Company’s standard expenses claim form and full substantiation with all receipts.
ICT Summary ICT is one of the leading wholesale tour agents for the UK leisure group travel market and has been at the forefront of developing the level of wholesale services to coach and group tour operators and group travel organisers for over 32 years. During this period of time, ICT have built up a reputation of arranging travel packages at a level of quality and value for money that is second to none.
ICT is part of the CMV Travel and Leisure Group, and in addition to the coach business, the Company also have other travel and leisure related interests within the group. These include an independent Cruise Line; Cruise and Maritime Voyages Ltd, a high street travel agency and business travel house; Air Viceroy with an overall shore side team of 110 staff. Cruise and Maritime Voyages is also an international operation and was introduced to the North American market in 2011 following the opening of the sales office in Florida, and to the Australian market in 2013 with the launch of the sales office in Sydney.
The Hotel Purchasing Assistant will play a play a pivotal role within the Hotel team in meeting the company’s objectives and goals.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"
Apply for Hotel Purchasing Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly