Product and Commercial Executive
Do you have a passion for Travel?
Do you have an analytical mind?
Are you solutions orientated?
If so we may have the perfect diverse role for you.
The Product & Commercial team at Monarch Tour Operations, based in Bromley, oversee all of the development, creation, pricing and marketing of Package Holidays and Accommodation products. We create fantastic holiday experiences for over 350,000 customers a year.
You will need to have an analytical mind and the desire to be part of a results driven team. Trading, quite simply, is identifying the best way to sell holidays and accommodation on the Monarch route network to meet stretching volume and margin goals.
In this busy and challenging role you will
- Become the business expert and owner for specific geographic areas or product. Where other departments play a role (e.g. contract loading), take overall responsibility for the success of areas within your remit, defined as volume, margin and long term growth potential.
- Manage the process from product planning through to successful launch:
- Know the market, product and customer keeping up to date with the latest industry trends
- Take calculated risk/decisions to secure the right product
- Set relevant pricing policies
- Develop relationships with other departments including Sales and Marketing, PR, Call Centre, IT, Web and Purchasing as part of day-to-day business
- Launch, manage specific areas of responsibility to ensure that margin and volume targets are hit, reacting to adverse variations to plan
- Pricing and set initial product mark-ups (price curves)
- Track sales and margins, adjusting prices on day-to-day basis
- Take action to maintain the rate of sale to achieve targeted margins, volumes and the financial recovery of bed commitment
- Increase share of Monarch Customers taking hotel or holiday
- Price both hotel only and hotel products
- Undertake detailed analysis of sales and margins
- Issue reports and recommendations (regular and ad-hoc)
- Identify and recommend opportunities to increase revenue/margins
- Assess market and competitor product, actions and trends to build to support and influence decision making
- Liaise with sales & marketing to ensure specified products are pro-actively marketed to both consumer and trade
- Input to team and department discussion to influence decision to include products under your control.
- Provide offers at competitive prices for tactical promotions (often at short notice), but also pro-actively recommend promotions and content.
- Build strong links with the Call Centre, providing fast turnaround to any calls, assessing quickly any price adjustments
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Passion for travel
- Potential Entry level role
- Tour operating or other pricing experience a distinct advantage
- Previous travel related experience preferred in particular Europe destinations (beach/city)
- Intermediate Excel (Pivot Tables)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Aptitude to learn new systems and processes
- Ability to look at complex data
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organisational skills (multi-task and prioritise) with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Decision making skills
- Results Focussed
- Delivers solutions to situations
- Inquisitive Mind
The ideal candidate will be:
Be educated to degree level or
3 A levels of grade C or higher / equivalent qualification level or
Experience in either a product, commercial, analytical or Travel sales role