Hotel Contractor – Italian Speaker
Are you now looking for an exciting new position with an award winning inbound tour operator? This is an excellent opportunity to join an influential company that has openings for a confident and ambitious bilingual Italian speaker from an inbound tour operator/wholesaler or a hotel/hospitality background. Our client is a fast growing operator offering an exciting and creative culture to work in. If you're passionate about hotel contracting, possess the hunger and drive, then this is the role for you!
Hotel Contractor Role Summary:
This is an excellent opportunity for an Italian speaker who is proactive, able to solve problems under pressure in a very dynamic environment. You must also have the ability to communicate at all levels in a multi-cultural environment. Professional tourism qualification or work experience in the same area is desirable as well as the ability to negotiate and influence. Excellent communication skills - is a must.
Department: Service Department:
- To look for new suppliers according to client request and market demand, getting the group rates and prices from them; negotiating and contracting the services.
- Analyse and review pricing for already contracted services, negotiating them in order to stay compatible in the market
- Make and confirm reservations using our client’s booking system for transportation (coaches, trains, ferries) and restaurants, admissions to places of interest, using telephones, faxes, mail, and computers.
- Handling of incoming e-mails and deal with customer enquiries and aiming to meet their expectations
- Manage the bookings on-going process and interface with operations department to ensure that time commitments and quality standards are achieved.
- Determine whether space is available on travel dates requested by customers, and assign requested spaces when available.
- Make sure that our client has received confirmation of their bookings from suppliers and it’s archived accordingly
- Inform operations department of any changes such as fully booked dates, closed places of interest and offering and arranging the alternatives.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the other related departments
- To take part in familiarisation with new destinations in order to gain information on issues and amenities in order to meet clients’ needs, as well as to target more clients in particular seasons
- Advise quotation department with requested information about the prices and other service’s conditions.
- Amend product and supplier information in the booking system and keeping it up to date.
- To make sure all the final information for booked services is provided in order for group to run smoothly on the road.
- Work closely with accounts department while chasing pro-forma invoices for pre-booked services.
- Deal with complaints, looking for solution and alternatives, to keep client satisfied with booked and provided service.
- Willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other areas of the house
- The candidate has to be able to explain the information and the ideas clearly, creatively and convincingly in the mother tongue, both written and oral, as well as in a foreign language (especially verbally)
- Identify opportunities to correct parts with the wrong cost/price in system to make booking process more efficient.
Now Let’s talk About You:
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and a strong customer orientation
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Requires close attention to detail, ability to identify issues and implement processes to prevent errors
- Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively
- Must be collaborative and be able to work in a team based environment as well as on his/her own initiative and willing to be ‘’hands-on’’
- High ethical standards, analytical ability
- Decisiveness - ability to resolve conflicts between different parties in a dispute and find suitable solutions to challenges
- To possess a good ability in maintaining their composure and objectivity when under pressure (from various agents, all at once)
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet
- A ‘can-do’ approach
The salary is based on experience, paying £17,000 - £21,000 plus annual bonus. Career progression will be available in short terms for the right candidates.
If you have the skills, experience, energy and attitude for this role, please send your CV to Red Planet Travel Professionals NOW!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Our Refer & Be Rewarded Scheme:
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them. The rules are simple: Refer a friend or colleague who is not already registered with Red Planet. If we place them in a permanent role, we will reward you with £175 of Gift vouchers of your choice. Remember there is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, and therefore the rewards you can claim!!