Airfares Help Desk
Our client is a fast growing travel management company specialising in business and high-end travel. They are currently looking for an Airfares Construction Expert to manage, maintain & optimise complex airfare solutions. Working on the Airfares Help Desk, you will play a key decision maker in processing complex airfares at the correct time to maximise the value and margins in each transaction.
The Main Responsibilities Of This Role Include:
- Efficiently handling Requests for Quotation (RFQs), fare calculation and general fare construction, including manual fare builds
- Pricing management within our Global Distribution (GDS) IT system, including the maintenance of the rate databases
- Expert analysis on RFQs and fares, and ongoing trends within this data, and the production of detailed reports for senior management
- Reviewing feedback from clients on rate competitiveness and making recommendations accordingly
- Processing revalidations, reissues, refunds and miscellaneous charges orders where relevant
- Multiple purpose document calculation and management
- Providing support to the sales team and assisting with the training of junior staff
- You will possess extensive experience as a fare analyst within the passenger transport industry or working with airfares and pricing. You will possess detailed knowledge of international fares. Due to the specialised nature of the role, we would expect you to have passed a level 2 IATA course in air fares and ticketing, or have equivalent commercial experience
- You will have in‐depth knowledge of at least one of the four major GDS systems (Amadeus, Worldspan, Galileo & Sabre), as well as an understanding of Billing and Settlement
- Plan (BSP) and Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC) protocols and requirements
- You will have experience of fare calculation and general fare construction, including manual fare builds
- Experience in processing revalidations, reissues, refunds and miscellaneous charges orders where relevant
- You will be able to perform well under pressure
- In‐depth knowledge of at least one of the four major GDS systems as well as an understanding of Billing and Settlement
- Experience in (BSP) and Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC) protocols and requirements
- You will possess the ability to identify problems and resolve them in a timely and efficient manner, as well as being able to recognise trends and associations within airfare data
- Lastly, you will have good verbal and written communication skills
The basic salary is £38,000 to £45,000 (based on experience) per annum.
If you feel that you can satisfy the needs of this position, please email your CV with a cover letter.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Our Refer & Be Rewarded Scheme:
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them. The rules are simple: Refer a friend or colleague who is not already registered with Red Planet. If we place them in a permanent role, we will reward you with £175 of Gift vouchers of your choice. Remember there is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, and therefore the rewards you can claim!!!