Software Engineer - Data Operations Team (Bangkok)
Software Engineer - Data Operations Team (Relocate to Bangkok, Thailand)
As a software engineer of the database operations team, you are responsible for developing automated tools, central management, and data engines collector for the DBA's to operate and monitor 24x7 production SQL databases and Big Data systems.
- Willing to relocate to Thailand - full relocation and visa provided
- Bachelor's degree or higher in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or any field.
- Experience or Familiar with
- Data platforms such as SQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)
- Core engineering infrastructure tools like Git or Jenkins
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible or SaltStack
- Monitoring and alert tools like graphite, grafana, sensu
- Willing to learn and expand knowledge to database and Big Data systems technologies.
- Be able to attend in on-call rotation.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- The ability to work quickly under pressure and to deadlines.
- Team player and able to work independently.
- Develop automated tools, central management, and collector for team to operate and monitor production SQL and Big data systems, including enhancing and optimizing the team products.
- Providing technical assistance and troubleshooting for Big Data systems.
- Research and POC the database technology and technique to enhance managing the large volume of databases.
- Support 24x7 production Big Data systems.
- Special projects as assigned.
Our client is one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms worldwide, listing more than 500,000 hotels and providing services in 38 languages. They employ more than 1,800 travel professionals of 67 nationalities in 35+ locations around the world. Maintaining their market leading position requires an incredible amount of data, a superior IT infrastructure, and world class talent to bring it all together.
Our client offers:
- Competitive annual salary
- Medical coverage (outpatient and inpatient)
- Discounted hotel accommodation; anywhere in the world
- Exposure to travel industry
- Work environment: multinational
- Dress code: smart casual
- Strategic office location : city centre, Bangkok
Our client is happy to receive applications from both local and international candidates and can provide work visa's for those that require this.