Senior Software Engineer (DevOps) - Full stack /Python -Bangkok
PLEASE NOTE: This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand - full relocation and visas provided!
- Willing to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand
- At least 3 years' software development experience with Python or has experience in a similar language and can transition to Python.
- Experienced in scripting such as Bash, Python, Powershell etc.
- Good knowledge of web development frameworks (front/back end), programming libraries and protocols such as Django, Flask, JQuery, HTML, CSS, AJAX, RESTful APIs etc
- Familiarity with database development/administration. Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch or Cassandra would be beneficial).
- Knowledge of OpenStack operation and its API's is advantageous
- Systems/DevOps knowledge/experience in:
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible and Salt Stack)
- General Networking (switches, routing)
- Monitoring services (Sensu, Nagios, Logstash, Graphite)
- Virtualization/Containerisation (KVM/Docker/LXC)
- Understanding of Auth/Directory services
- Understanding of Storage (RAID etc)
- Experience collaborating with developers and operations in DevOps enabled environments.
- Experience working in a large enterprise organization and dynamic environment.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time.
- Self-motivated, approachable, and adaptable and have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal English is a must).
Do you have what it takes?
A strong desire to learn.The desire to keep up with emerging technologies and stay ahead of the curveGreat communication and interpersonal skills; a good sense of humor is always a plusMindset of a great teammateThe ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written in EnglishRole:
For their team in Bangkok, our client is looking for a Senior Software Developer (full stack!) to build out and improve the tools and automation the supports an IT infrastructure spanning multiple continents with one of the largest OpenStack private cloud clusters in the world.Responsibilities:
- Design and develop software for supporting the life-cycle of infrastructure services at scale that helps drive efficiency in our core infrastructure including bare-metal/cloud, systems monitoring and metrics etc.
- Work with stakeholders (Infrastructure management/team members, software development managers, database operations teams) to gather requirements and develop software/tools to support the needs of the business.
- Proactively document and train operations staff on the tools developed
- Look for opportunities to build tools/automation to allow for a hands off approach to operations.
Our client is one of the leading and fastest growing IT employers in Southeast Asia. With elite talent from over 65 countries, the atmosphere of a start-up and the muscle of a $3bn business, this company is an incredible technical creative melting pot. They believe very much in the new generation of programmers. Dynamic, innovative, curious, aware of the latest technologies and programming techniques and at the same time willing to learn - and challenge - their experienced developers already on board.Your Next Step:We are happy to receive CV from both international & local applicants as we offer relocation assistance and visa sponsorship for eligible persons.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for Senior Software Engineer (DevOps) - Full stack /Python -Bangkok
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly