Yield Optimiser - Tour Operator (Mon-Fri)
Are you looking for a step up in the exciting, fast-moving world of Product & Commercial? If you have good knowledge of hotel banks, then this role defiantly has your name written on it!!
Established for over 30 years, our client, specialist in long-haul tailor-made holidays, pride themselves on offering the best service to their direct customers and independent travel agents throughout the UK. Offering a high quality product and an exceptional level of service to follow, our client has built a strong and successful commercial relationship with the independent travel agents. They are now seeking a travel professional to join their dynamic product department, where you will be trained as a Yield Optimizer.
The Product & Commercial Role:
- To offer alternative hotels to a hotel of the same standard at a lower rate
- To check for hotel special offers and offer travel agents / direct clients the opportunity to change to a better hotel for the same cost, resulting in extra profit
- Run daily booking reports where the product and commercial team have received an offer to see if you can switch any bookings
- Meet Targets and Prioritize workload in order of urgency
- Look for latest offers on hotels where you may be able to switch existing bookings
- Look at comparisons with other suppliers to ensure your company is offering the best hotel rates
- Liaise with Product Manager and offer recommendations
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- 2 years’ previous travel industry experience essential
- Knowledge of hotel banks essential
- I.T skilled to a high standard
- Good communication skills
- Professional, polite, good team worker,
- Willing to be cross trained in other operational areas
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
- Salary of £19,000 per annum plus commission. OTE £24,000
- 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 33 days for long service
- Excellent Training
- Private Medical Insurance
- Workplace Pension
- Discounts for your own holidays
- Overseas Fam trips
- Incentives and Team nights’ out
- Corporate Gym Membership scheme
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Our Refer & Be Rewarded Scheme:
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them. The rules are simple: Refer a friend or colleague who is not already registered with Red Planet. If we place them in a permanent role, we will reward you with £175 of Gift vouchers of your choice. Remember there is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, and therefore the rewards you can claim!!!