Luxury Product Manager - Africa
Winning travel awards for their worldwide bespoke holidays, this renowned tour operator is seeking a strong candidate with previous Africa Product Management experience, covering Africa Beach Hotels, Safaris, Tours etc. Our client has been creating luxury holidays for over 40 years and are one of the most successful independently owned travel brands. They are experiencing exceptional growth across their core business and are now looking to add to their success with an Africa Product Manager to assist with the growth of this particular destination.
The ideal candidate must have strong commercial skills, be able to negotiate with individual hotels/DMC’s to ensure that our client has the very best rates in the market. Firsthand knowledge of the African destinations they feature are a must as well as established relationships with key suppliers in the African region.
- Negotiate highly competitive commercial agreements, overrides and special offers with individual hotels and ground handlers in Africa
- Maximise commercial return on relationships by ensuring commercial contributions and volume overrides are incorporated into deals
- Tactically re-negotiate deals throughout the year and plan for future commercial relationships
- To liaise with UK and overseas suppliers on a daily basis and build relationships
- To produce regular statistics detailing company sales performance
- To assist the sales team with product training and day to day contract queries
- Have responsibility for all web and brochure copy including images for the relevant destination hotel pages, including pagination planning and pricing
- Analyse market and competitor activity including rate comparisons with your competitor, analysis of competitor websites, consultant knowledge, product presentation and the market overall and maintaining awareness of general market trends
- Ensure systems are kept up to date with accurate rates and offers
- New Product Development – Assist in looking at future commercial opportunities
- Constantly striving for efficiency gains and cost savings in all Product Sourcing and loading processes.
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Highly motivated, results orientated and experienced Africa Product Manager who thrives in a fast moving sales environment
- Experience of developing, growing and managing supplier relationships, including key partners to maximise commercial performance opportunities
- Strategic vision with a pragmatic commercial approach and exceptional management skills
- Highly numerate and capable of detailed data analysis
- Must be proactive and results driven, with the drive and initiative to successfully push product forward within a competitive market place, delivering on commitments and meeting deadlines and must be available to travel to assigned destination when necessary
- Must possess the confidence to communicate and present the company at all levels of business
What You'll Get in Return:
Fantastic opportunity to join a unique, progressive, well established business, with the opportunity to have direct impact on the direction of the company. This role offers a competitive base salary of up to £50,000 per annum, BOE, plus performance related bonus and comprehensive company benefits, along with excellent long-term career progression.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Our Refer & Be Rewarded Scheme:
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them. The rules are simple: Refer a friend or colleague who is not already registered with Red Planet. If we place them in a permanent role, we will reward you with £175 of Gift vouchers of your choice. Remember there is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, and therefore the rewards you can claim!!!