Head of Customer Service
Our client is offering a fantastic opportunity for a senior customer service professional with a knack for developing great relationships. This highly established luxury tour operator is looking to appoint a Head of Customer Service who will lead and drive the customer service department to deliver world class service to its travel customers. The Head of Customer Services will be responsible for leading major changes within the customer service department, redesigning the way in which the CS department works.This position is for a problem-solver who thinks inside, outside and under the box, someone who is a great team player, ambitious and looking for their next challenging travel role.
- Have a strong ability to engage stakeholders at all levels in order to efficiently deliver service level change throughout the customer service department and the company
- Lead, manage and inspire a team comprising of customer service manager & customer service co-ordinators ensuring all are supported and developed in their roles
- Implement a consistent and clear vision of the customer service journey and structure to enable continuous growth and development
- Leading, investigating and solving pre and post departure customer escalations and issues
- Ensure proactive communication between the luxury tour operator and its customers with regular progress reports
- Ensure maintenance of customer records of inquiries, comments and complaints
- Writing reports analysing the customer service that the tour operator provides
- Ensure the CS team achieves it’s KPI’s and follow up calls and customer satisfaction surveys
- Continuous training for the customer service team ensuring they have full and up to date knowledge of both the holiday products and best Customer Service practice
- Taking full charge of the more serious complaints and client compensation
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including the ABTA code of conduct, review current Customer Service processes, challenge and suggest improvements where necessary
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Management experience in leading both pre and post departure customer service teams with a tour operator
- Ability to make changes, see the bigger picture and how actions impact on the company in a wider context
- A natural leader with the ability to influence, inspire and develop the customer service team with a thorough understanding of customer service methodologies
- Knowledge of the ABTA code of conduct with regards to dealing with customer service issues
- Solid prioritisation and organisation skills, ability to manage several important projects simultaneously
- Excellent telephone manner, friendly and approachable with a consultative approach
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A genuine leader who sets an example and leads from the front
This luxury tour operator has a close team of travel management professionals, all with different interests and talents so when working together, real magic happens. Their culture is simple; anything is possible if you work hard and enjoy what you do.
There is an excellent salary package on offer paying up to £55,000 based on experience, plus a performance related bonus. When applying for this position, please state your current salary package and what your earning expectations are.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Our Refer & Be Rewarded Scheme:
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them. The rules are simple: Refer a friend or colleague who is not already registered with Red Planet. If we place them in a permanent role, we will reward you with £175 of Gift vouchers of your choice. Remember there is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, and therefore the rewards you can claim!!!