Travel Training Executive
£28, 000 - £35,000 + Benefits
Following an exciting year of growth, an award winning travel management company are seeking a Training Executive to join their Quality & Training team. Reporting in to our Head of Training, this key role will develop and deliver appropriate training programmes to assist the long term development of team members, in turn maximising the quality of service to customers.
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities
- Pro-actively identify and develop training programs for new products alongside Head of Training.
- Identify knowledge gaps and create training modules to cover these areas, ensuring they are completed by all staff
- Identify business process improvements within the reservations, ticketing and visa areas, suggesting changes and implementing as agreed.
- Manage the induction process for all new reservations and ticketing staff, ensuring that they are fully supported before they are handed over to their Team Manager
- Address any performance issues and highlight to the Head of Training/Operations Manager immediately where new staff fail to meet the required level
- Provide Training Logs to the Team Manager and retain responsibility for new staff until the induction process is complete
- Carry out regular desk observations to help consultants achieve better working practices
- Give feedback to staff as appropriate
- Ensure call recording is carried out on a daily basis in line with targets and that feedback is passed to the Team Manager so they can review the call with the Reservations Consultant
- Ensure booking and other quality checks are carried out by the team as agreed with the Head of Training
- Ensure training plan is kept up to date on a daily basis and always completed at least one month ahead
- Maintain accurate and up to date training records for all members of staff
- Advise on operational procedures and ways in which these could be improved
- Suggest changes to procedures to avoid problems/mistakes reoccurring
- Co-ordinate testing of new reservations/ticketing systems and processes as required to ensure they are fit for purpose prior to launch
Required Skills & Experience
- A thorough understanding of the travel management industry with extensive experience in a variety of operational roles.
- In depth knowledge of airline contracts and fares
- Well organised with an ability to prioritise own workload
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of reservations & ticketing systems
- IT Literate
- Works well on own as well as in a team environment