Groups and Events Business Travel Consultant
Are you interested in joining in a fast growing and dynamic Business & Leisure Travel Agency? We are actively looking to employ a Groups and Business Travel Consultant to join our experienced team based in Tunbridge Wells.
To accept requests from clients for all forms of worldwide travel including air (individual and group), rail, hotel and associated support services.
Produce and send a commercially viable proposal giving choice where possible and book via the relevant booking system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Individual Flights – taking accurate brief from client and searching the best option for their booking requirement offering choice were possible responding by email. Ensuring bookings accurately entered in Amadeus along with ticketing/flight confirmations being issued
- Group Flights – researching best airline options including communicating, negotiating and contacting group seats with scheduled and low-cost airlines
- Hotels - investigating suitable hotel and venue options mainly for conferences and incentive groups worldwide and producing detailed client briefs (training given)
- Rail – quoting and processing reservations for rail travel via Evolvi for event and conference clients
- Excellent organisational and telephone skills
- GDS knowledge essential; preferably Amadeus but cross-training available
- Rail knowledge; preferably Evolvi but training can be given
- Working experience of windows applications including word and excel
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work within defined rules whilst offering a superb client service
Strong administration skills of a varied nature
- Commercially aware to develop client relationships
- Travel industry background essential
- Business, leisure or retail expertise considered