Luxury Tour Operator - Trading Manager
When it comes to people, this luxury tour operator wants individuals to express themselves in an environment where change and new ideas are celebrated. This is because our client truly believes every person that works in their commercial team, contributes to the business growth and where they go. The successful applicant joining the commercial team is expected to provide strategic input and trading expertise to drive sales forward.
The role will work alongside the product and marketing departments and create unique holiday experiences and packages in featured destinations, and drive the commercial & contractual aspects to achieve best rates to maximise sales and profit margins in line with company goals.
- Agree trading strategies with the commercial manager consistent with the business objectives, proactively seek out growth opportunities, involving, proposing and delivering new products within different regions
- Pro-actively work with our client’s luxury hotel partners and DMC’s to create unique tailor-made packages, tours and experiences
- Always up to date with competitor analysis ensuring our client has the best rates in the market
- Attend weekly commercial meetings, drive agenda and highlight opportunities, analysing sales stats, conversions and getting valuable feedback from the sales team
- Work closely with the Marketing and Product Managers to effectively create and promote luxury packages and experiences
- Develop and maintain best commercial practices across the Product, Marketing and Sales teams
- Deliver effective management information on commercial activity across the business, including an analysis of trends and challenges for the company
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Applicant must be from a commercial/trading background and from a tailor-made tour operator
- Creative flair and unique thinker who can create the unusual and exciting
- Ability to analyse and evaluate new luxury product opportunities, using creative and innovative new ideas to plan, execute and deliver
- Understanding of special relationships with Hotels and overseas DMC’s
- People influencer, possessing commercial acumen to deliver at a strategic level
- outstanding negotiation skills, a proven track record of achieving maximum margin from suppliers
What You'll Get in Return:
Fantastic opportunity to join a unique, progressive, well established business, with the opportunity to have direct impact on the direction of the company. This role offers a competitive base salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, BOE, plus performance related bonus and comprehensive company benefits, along with excellent long-term career progression.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Our Refer & Be Rewarded Scheme:
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them. The rules are simple: Refer a friend or colleague who is not already registered with Red Planet. If we place them in a permanent role, we will reward you with £175 of Gift vouchers of your choice. Remember there is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, and therefore the rewards you can claim!!!
Apply for Luxury Tour Operator - Trading Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly