Commercial Finance Manager -- TH-Bangkok
Apply your financial acumen to a high growth business!! Commercial Finance Manager - Corporate Headquarters - English speaking -- TH-Bangkok (BW15213210)
PLEASE NOTE: This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand and you must be willing to relocate there. Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance will be provided.
Calling all Commercial Finance specialists
- who bring advanced analytical, evaluative and objective critical thinking skills
- and seek to apply their expertise in a variety of concepts, practices and procedures in a fast paced and high growth environment
Our client believes in delivering truly compelling customer engagement. Their focus is on blending choice, value and convenience to deliver a consistent and enjoyable user experience. An American dotcom, they are a world leader in booking accommodations online operates a global network that includes more than 250,000 hotels worldwide. A multinational team of more than 1,200 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
They are now looking to add to their team of extremely talented and motivated individuals and are recruiting a highly experienced Commercial Finance Manager to join their finance team in Bangkok.
The Commercial Finance Manager's role is to partner the business streams in ensuring that business & contribution are optimised and effectively managed. You will provide strong commercial & financial advice on margin management, capital investment and other operational issues as well as ensuring that the senior management team is appropriately communicated with on actual & forecast performance.
The focus is to work with and assist in the financial and commercial planning in the evaluation of emerging business development initiatives, investments and major operational changes to ensure alignment with the financial plan and strategic intent for the company.
You will be part of the team that drives the business forward and provides the day-to-day reporting of the financial and strategic KPI's as well as being accountable for the development and implementation of the business case methodology that will be used across the organisation.
You will also have oversight of the finance functions supporting the Business Development, Marketing and Distribution teams. This role will be essential and is expected to contribute proactively to the day-to-day management of the business as well as the business improvement strategy.
- Work with the Senior Management and Financial Director to define weekly and monthly reports
- Use the resulting reports / dashboards to steer debate and action from the Management team on a weekly and monthly basis
- Liaise with the Financial Director to ensure that accounting practices are aligned with the business
- Management of Board Reporting & forecasting for the operational aspects of the business, including management of operations risks & opportunities by liaising with FP&A team
- Develop 'objectives-based' system & process enhancements to enable effective day-to-day management of business profitability
- Fostering strong relationships with business units by establishing a customer service culture within the Commercial Finance Team
- Provide Commercial advisory support in relation to business-as-usual operations of allocated business units
- Work with key managers to identify improvement opportunities arising from the KPI performance
- Work with Finance team and Business Unit Managers to ensure the effective reporting of projects and operations associated with new initiatives
- Evaluate and test business plans to ensure growth and development and make recommendations
- Help co-ordinate the annual strategic planning process as required. This may encompass industry and market trends and analysis, SWOT analysis, scenario analysis and planning, budgeting and forecasting, strawman development and sensitivity analysis
- Work proactively with key business partners to identify opportunities and to drive transformational business growth initiatives, which deliver customer and shareholder value and meet targets as agreed with company's board of directors
YOUR MUST HAVES*
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related discipline; or an MBA
- A good understanding of technology and how it can be used within new business models
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work within a multi-discipline team with shared purpose
- Advanced expertise in a variety of the fields concepts, practices and procedures
- A high degree of proactivity, creativity and latitude is expected
- Possess advanced analytical, evaluative and objective critical thinking skills
- Ability to rigorously test assumptions and plans to minimise risk
YOUR NEXT STEP
If this sounds like you do not hesitate and send your CV and covering note today!
*PLEASE NOTE - ONLY APPLICATIONS SHOWING SUITABLE QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED