Senior Bookkeeper (Accounts)
Our client is a long established and dynamic tour operator, now seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join its busy & friendly team. This tour operator offers various types of travels including group tours, meetings, FITs, incentives, events and leisure travel. This exciting Bookkeeper role entails a wide range of tasks in which no day will be the same, this includes:
- Provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of general ledger, sales ledger, purchase ledger and cash book maintenance.
- Setting up new client / supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the sales and purchase ledger.
- Producing sales invoices and credit notes.
- Running off weekly sales and purchase reports
- Credit control - Chasing up outstanding debts before the client is due to arrive into the UK.
- Work out VAT on supplier invoices.
- Pay out money via BACS as well as prepayments to suppliers.
- Check and reconcile supplier statements.
- Enter purchase and sales invoices into the accounting system.
- Prepare supplier invoices.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Relevant knowledge and understanding in a similar role and industry.
- MUST be from a hotel, travel or leisure background.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to process deadlines.
- Knowledge of a computerised accounting package, such as TAS or similar.
- High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Lucrative salary
- Sociable working hours
- Career progression
- Travel perks
- Opportunity to work for a forward thinking and dynamic tour operator, in state of the art offices, within a friendly team in which you will be rewarded for your hard work.
To apply click APPLY NOW, any questions give us a call on 020 8393 9925 and our dedicated team can assist in locating the right opportunity for you.