Bilingual Hotel Negotiators
We’re looking for experienced hotel negotiators to work with one of UK’s top travel wholesaler. This travel brand has a history of over 30 years in the UK and has recently enjoyed a period of huge growth and development, making this position a stimulating and fast moving environment to work in. For this role, our client is looking for fluent French, Italian, Spanish, German or Portuguese speakers, offering the successful candidates an exciting and creative culture to work in. If you're passionate about hotel negotiation, ambitious, possess the hunger and drive, then this is the role for you!
Department: Hotel Contracting & Reservations Department
- Focusing in maintaining good relationships with existing suppliers
- Researching suppliers including the utilization of non-contracted suppliers wherever appropriate
- Receiving hotel requests on from our client’s sales departments
- Contacting suppliers according to the sales requirements either by e-mail, fax or telephone to make a reservation
- Negotiating the best possible rates and conditions
- Dealing with amendments and cancellations
- Dealing with inbound telephone, fax and email enquirers and liaising with Sales, Operations and Accounts departments
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Applicants will be bilingual and from an inbound tour operator/wholesaler or a hotel/hospitality background
- Applicants must be proactive and able to solve problems under pressure in a very dynamic environment
- Strong communication, negotiation and client relationship management skills
- Good team player
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems - especially at the last minute
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to organised and plan effectively and to prioritize tasks in order to manage multiple activities and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate at all levels in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- A ‘can-do’ approach
- Develop short term action plans
- Negotiate rates and create excellent relationships with hotels
- Create and maintain positive, professional working environments in all hotels
- Make sales calls to the top ten accounts at least once each year and targeted accounts at each hotel quarterly
The salary is based on experience, paying up to £22,000 per annum, plus annual bonus. Career progression will be available in short terms for the right candidates.
If you are an experienced Hotel Negotiator with the skills, experience, energy and attitude for this role, please send your CV to Red Planet Travel Professionals NOW!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Our Refer & Be Rewarded Scheme:
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them. The rules are simple: Refer a friend or colleague who is not already registered with Red Planet. If we place them in a permanent role, we will reward you with £175 of Gift vouchers of your choice. Remember there is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, and therefore the rewards you can claim!!!