Our client, a successful Tour Operator are currently looking to recruit a full time bookkeeper to join their small, friendly and professional team. The bookkeeper will be working closely with the founders / Directors of the company.
The successful candidate will provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of general ledger, sales ledger, purchase ledger and cash book maintenance. Additional duties include:
- Setting up new client / supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the sales and purchase ledger.
- Producing sales invoices and credit notes were required.
- Running off weekly sales and purchase reports
- Credit control
- Work out VAT on supplier invoices
- Pay out money via BACS as well as prepayments to suppliers
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
Booking Keeper Experience Required:
Relevant knowledge and understanding in a similar role and industry. Preference will be giving to candidates who are currently working in the tourism industry.
The candidate must be hands on person. Have a strong customer service focus and the ability to build effective working relationships with employees and external stakeholders/suppliers.
The ability to work effectively in a team environment and to process deadlines.
Knowledge of a computerised accounting package, such as TAS or similar.
High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing.
Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spread sheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet.
For a fully confidential Application on this Bookkeeper job, please apply ASAP
PLEASE NOTE! It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs.
Apply for Bookkeeper
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly