Head of Product
Our client is seeking to appoint a Head of Product to lead, control and oversee the development of the company's product, pricing and commercial strategies. The Head of Product role is reporting directly to the Directors and will require a leader with a proven track record in delivery of short, mid and long-term strategic planning to deliver high end results by driving company sales through commercial lines. This position will require an accomplished business strategist and motivational leader with a strong track record of driving sustainable business and market share growth within a tour operator.
- The role will manage a small but growing product team and work with key stakeholders across the business
- Ownership of the product team’s full product lifecycle for new and existing products (incorporating concept, roadmap, requirements, delivery, optimisation etc.)
- Lead and develop product & commercial teams to co-ordinate and evaluate planning and drive strategic planning process across the business, analyse trading data to exploit opportunities in product mix and brand trends to maximize yield earning potential, ensuring that pricing and offers match seasonal demands, with management of costing and pricing process for all products
- Margin enhancing product development – including increasing sales value within the tailor-made luxury products by including extensions, transfers, excursions and upgrades
- Optimising team’s product mix and continual analysis and product development, along with tactical pricing and margin strategy
- Delivering the product strategy by brand through understanding and executing plans to develop product differentiation and competitive advantage through commercial agreements and contracts
- Ensuring product quality is maintained throughout the customer journey
- Predicting/responding to market conditions to ensure targets are on track and ultimately successful
- Leading trading meetings working alongside the Head of Marketing, creating campaigns to deliver higher end to end contributions, cutting across multi-channel silos
- Offer input to the marketing department when necessary on planning on-line & off-line marketing campaigns, giving your overview to the marketing department on the campaigns created, and monitor their implementation of marketing plans with new products being launched
Now let’s talk About You:
- Essential - Experienced multi-functional Head of Product professional with methodical planning, analytical and motivational skills
- Proven track record in successful leading, managing and nurturing a product management team
- Highly confident decision making leader, with exceptional luxury product knowledge, supplier negotiation and product development experience across worldwide destinations
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Comfortably undertakes new challenges and holds a demonstrable track record of success
- Experience working within an agile, fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive strategic planning process across the business, analyse trading data to exploit opportunities in product mix to maximize yield earning potential
This is an excellent opportunity for a Product Management Professional looking for a leading role with a highly successful organisation.
£45k - £47k BOE plus performance related bonus. The company has a fantastic working environment and is looking for a candidate with ambition and there will be outstanding opportunities for growth and development.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Our Refer & Be Rewarded Scheme:
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them. The rules are simple: Refer a friend or colleague who is not already registered with Red Planet. If we place them in a permanent role, we will reward you with £175 of Gift vouchers of your choice. Remember there is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, and therefore the rewards you can claim!!