Customer Relations Assistant Manager
Customer Relations Assistant Manager
Location: Kingston upon Thames
Closing Date Thursday 26 January 2017
Travel Republic is one of the largest and most well-established online travel agents in Europe and have been successfully helping people book their hotels, flights and other travel arrangements. Our commitment to exceptional value for money, extensive range and solid-gold customer service has established us as one of the most visited travel agent websites. We have received the Best Hotel Booking Website, Best Online/ Call Centre Travel Agent and Best Travel Retailer for Customer Service at the British Travel Awards 2015 as well as Best Agent Website award from Travolution three years in a row.
We are now recruiting a Customer Relations Assistant Manager, based in Kingston upon Thames. You will work closely with Line Manager to lead, manage and motivate your team to provide exemplary customer service to our customers. To coach staff and monitor work-streams within the department to ensure that all responses to complaints are thoroughly investigated and adhere to the ABTA code of conduct / timelines for resolution. You will also be required to build effective working relationships with all departments within Travel Republic and suppliers alike; thereby ensuring the best possible outcome for the complainant and Travel Republic alike.
- Assist in the recruitment process and train customer relations staff to deliver exemplary service to our customers in a post sales environment;
- Ensure your team keeps accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers;
- Ensure all issues are addressed directly with the staff member in a timely manner;
- Ensure that quality assurance is maintained across your team through routine monitoring of responses to complaints;
- Investigate and resolve escalated customer complaints, which may be complex or long-standing;
- Help devise a robust rota system which provides full coverage for the department during core hours;
- Liaise with Line Manager to ensure appropriate staffing levels are available to meet all promotional activity.
- Liaise with peer group across the company to ensure effective channels of communication;
- Thoroughly investigate and respond swiftly to complaints addressed to the company directors;
- Deal with all solicitors’ correspondence and County Court claims – ensuring an immediate acknowledgement is provided and a timely investigation is undertaken.
- Work closely with Line Manager & Customer Support Manager regarding refunds or compensation to customers;
- Review customer feedback and take appropriate steps to address any issues raised.
- Develop customer service procedures, policies and standards for your department- in conjunction with your peer group;
- Monitor timekeeping and keep accurate records of absence within your team;
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s products and services;
- Meet with your peer group on a regular basis to discuss and where appropriate, implement improvements to customer service;
- Proactively contribute to the ongoing success of the company through identifying opportunities in sales and customer service;
- Develop close contact with our travel providers to leverage the best possible outcome for our customers and the company;
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed;
- Keep abreast of what the competitors are doing;
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Develop a Travel Republic report system and feedback all internal errors to the relevant department and the QC and Training Team.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Proven record of working in a fast paced and pressurised environment;
• Significant experience in the travel industry;
• Strong planning and organisational skills;
• Sound knowledge of administrative procedures obtained through working in an office environment;
• Computer literate;
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Knowledge of a European language is desirable