Trading Executive – Packages
You will drive Packages category sales for this internationally recognised online travel brand through merchandising, online and offline marketing. Focusing on destination level performance and pricing analysis, merchandising effectiveness and improving user experience and product offering on their landing pages. Coordinating and planning of merchandising/tactical activities, performance analysis, working closely with supply, CRM, digital acquisition and brand marketing teams.
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Driving packages sales through onsite merchandising, SEO, affiliates, CRM and digital acquisition channels. Working closely with marketing teams to co-ordinate efforts and goals for packages category and agree priorities
- Monitoring and analysing pricing and making adjustments where required, as part of the day to day performance analysis
- Updating merchandising and offers on landing pages, analysing performance data to make decisions on merchandising and offers effectiveness
- In depth destination, product and booking platform analysis, daily/weekly performance reporting and sales analysis, understanding of what customers are buying and improving visibility and exposure for best performing areas/offers
- Working closely with in house supply teams to source market leading offers and agree tactical activities and share information on campaign results
- Understanding our clients’ customer profile and demographics, to make informed decisions on merchandising and promotional activities, also identifying any product gaps and working with supply teams to improve content where needed
- Manage sale calendar and promotional activities, agreeing actions with Packages Trading manager
- Collate, analyse and interpret financial, sales and market information, and to provide meaningful commentary and recommendations for the business
- Monitor competitor activities and highlight any pricing gaps/opportunities, to make sure our client always remain competitive in the market and have competitive product available
Skills and Experience - Specialist Technical Knowledge:
- Proven experience in packages trading/sales environment, preferably within an OTA and/or tour operator
- Industry knowledge and understanding of the online travel business
- Destination management experience
- Must be fully proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to deliver against business objectives and targets
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic web analytics experience and GDS knowledge
- Sabre or Amadeus GDS knowledge/experience.
- Thorough and meticulous with extreme attention to detail
- Proactive team player
- Self-motivated, tenacious, uses initiative and problem solver
- Work to tight deadlines with a can-do attitude
- Strong communicator internal / external
Last but not least, this travel organisation employs some of the nicest, brightest and most interesting people in the travel industry. However, it does not stop there as our client’s working environment is development lead, where individuals are encouraged to progress & develop their career, product knowledge and skills to their full potential. The basic salary is £25k plus bonus and benefits.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Our Refer & Be Rewarded Scheme:
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them. The rules are simple: Refer a friend or colleague who is not already registered with Red Planet. If we place them in a permanent role, we will reward you with £175 of Gift vouchers of your choice. Remember there is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, and therefore the rewards you can claim!!!