Product Owner Japanese Market - eCommerce Travel leader Bangkok
Product Owner Japanese Market - Japanese speaking - global eCommerce Travel leader -- TH-Bangkok
Please note this role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Our client is very keen to hear from individuals who are willing to relocate. They offer very comprehensive salary package and full relocation and visa sponsorship.
This American dotcom, a top 5 player in their industry, operates a global network that includes more than 250,000 partners worldwide. Our client provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
Reporting directly to the VP of Product and based in Bangkok, this companies Product Owners are responsible for defining the overall strategy and goals for my client's various products, including the website, mobile applications and mobile website, email marketing, as well as advanced internal products and tools such as algorithmic PPC bidding systems and pricing software. POs drive the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry. Product Owners will create and maintain a product roadmap and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of their many customer groups.
A Product Owner will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. He or she will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, he or she will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. They will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts very well - conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
In summary, you can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology - all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
Our client's Product Owners interact with C-Level executives all day, every day and are empowered to create, measure and improve every aspect of the business with very little overhead or bureaucracy.
- Study processes and systems to analyze effectiveness of our organization to maximize our growth in identified strategic markets
- Establish performance benchmark for each business drivers that caters to the characteristics of the strategic market, according to the needs of inbound, outbound and domestic travel segments
- Develop reports to illustrate the "health level" of each business drivers and how each of them is related to the business's bottom line
- Identify business needs through detail investigation into business practice of competition, local business practice, customer behavior
- Identify gaps between business needs and business practice to provide recommendations on solutions that results in new or changed process, technology, human resources, business partners
- Clearly illustrate the opportunity cost and upside in each initiative
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks
- Working with graphic designers to create and maintain consistent, branded look and feel across all products
- Defining navigational flow and user experience on the site, apps, etc.
- Making proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
- Developing and implementing administrative and operational matters ensuring achievement of objectives
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project.
- Evaluating risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Working closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs
- Fluent in both English and Japanese
- MBA or advanced Math, Computer Science or Statistics degree preferred
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience with emerging data-mining technology
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Experience and passion for web design, functionality and testing
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Proven skills in recruitment and leadership
- Hands-on mentality
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to 'speed wins' philosophy
If this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.