Product Owner, Pricing and Benefits - eCom /Travel - TH-Bangkok
Product Owner, Pricing and Benefits - global eCommerce Travel leader - Bangkok, THAILAND
Please note this role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Our client is very keen to hear from individuals who are willing to relocate. They offer very comprehensive salary package but full relocation and visa sponsorship.
- 3+ years in a Product Owner role, ideally for a large e-commerce company or OTA/Travel sector
- Comfortable with data. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience implementing innovative ideas or products in complex organization
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Experience and passion for web design, functionality and testing
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies preferred
- Experience with emerging data-mining technology preferred
- MBA, advanced Math or Engineering degree preferred
- Willing to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand (if not already living there) - full visa sponsorship and relocate provided
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Proven skills in recruitment and staff leadership
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to 'speed wins' philosophy
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor, humility
This American dotcom, a top 5 player in their industry, operates a global network that includes more than 250,000 partners worldwide. Our client provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
Pricing is one of our clients main competitive advantages. The Pricing and Benefits Display Product Owner role is part of the overall PO organization, headed by the Chief of Product Officer and based in Bangkok. The PO is responsible for defining pricing strategy, as well as executing the development of both advanced internal and customer-facing products that deliver on such strategy. The PO will work across functions, from supply sourcing, rates optimization, front-end website and mobile apps display to new payment methods. The PO will experiment with new business operating models.
The product owner drives the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry. PO will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. He or she will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, he or she will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. PO will work closely with UX experts to optimize design and run user labs to understand the end-consumer's needs. PO will collaborate with data scientists to build world-class machine learning models. They will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts across all functions very well - conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
As a PO you need to be a strong communicator. You will create and maintain a product roadmap and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of their many customer groups.
In summary, the Pricing and Benefits Display Product Owner can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology - all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
- Leading company-wide product innovation in pricing
- Setting strategic direction of the site based on customer needs and business goals
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks
- Working with graphic designers to create and maintain consistent, branded look and feel across all products
- Defining navigational flow and user experience on the site, apps, etc.
- Making proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
- Developing and implementing administrative and operational matters ensuring achievement of objectives
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project.
- Evaluating risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Working closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs.
If this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.