Project Manager, Connectivity (XML) - Travel / Hotels -Bangkok
Project Manager, Connectivity - global eCommerce leader -Hotels
PLEASE NOTE: This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Full visa sponsorship and relocation package available.
Our client is a highly innovative $3bn accommodation platform, operating a global network that includes more than 250,000 hotels worldwide. They provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
Reporting directly to the Head of Connectivity in the Product Development Department, and based in Bangkok, as the Project Manager - Connectivity you will be responsible for managing the implementation of highly visible accommodation supply connectivity API projects with leading hotel chains and channel managers. Experience with XML technology or high volume APIs and/or proven experience in project management is crucial for this impactful position.
Members of the Project Development team drive the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry.
You will create and maintain a project roadmap, work with a scrum team of engineers, and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that the connectivity project serves the needs of our business and achieves the goals set.
You will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. You will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, you will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. You will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts very well - conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
In summary, you can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology - all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
- Managing the implementation of accommodation supply API connectivity projects with hotel chains and channel managers
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks, and working engineering teams to achieve them
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project
- Evaluating risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Working closely, and acting as a focal point across all key stakeholders - internal and external - to ensure all projects meet business needs
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management role ideally within a large eCom company or OTA
- Experience with or knowledge about XML, high volume APIs essential
- Worked within Agile
- Proven ability to manage multi-stakeholder software development or implementation projects in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Degree in Computer Science, Business, Math or Statistics preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Proven skills in recruitment and staff leadership
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to 'speed wins' philosophy
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor, humility
Your Next Step:
If you've got what it takes and this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently