Senior Marketing & Public Relations Executive
To work alongside and provide support to the Marketing & PR Manager in order to initiate and carry out regular Marketing & PR activity in the UK, Irish & European markets, specifically for Cara Hotel Marketing’s portfolio of clients. The role primarily focuses on the communication of clients’ products/services via numerous trade and consumer marketing channels, as well as on maintaining strong travel trade and media contact relations to generate PR coverage.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To develop, manage and maintain strong working relationships with the UK, Irish & European travel trade, including media partners and tour operator/tourist board Marketing & PR departments. This will involve the coordination of regular meetings.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the annual trade marketing budgets for Cara Hotel Marketing’s portfolio of clients, with final sign off from the Marketing & PR Manager.
- To coordinate, proof and signing off all artwork relating to trade and consumer marketing activity in the UK, Irish & European markets, with input from the Marketing & PR Manager as required. This will involve liaising with Cara Hotel Marketing’s outsourced graphic designer on a regular basis.
- For allocated partner accounts, to provide support to the Marketing & PR Manager in order to coordinate, sign off, implement and track trade media, tour operator and travel agent joint marketing initiatives. This includes annual marketing plans in place with core trade media and tour operator partners, ad hoc co-op marketing and booking incentives launched to the travel agent community.
- As and when requested by the Sales & Marketing Managers/Executives, to audit tour operator partner websites with specific reference to client product/service content. This will involve compiling a list of required amendments which will then be sent to the tour operator with the relevant Sales & Marketing Manager/Executive in copy, in order that they will be able to follow up and check that the requested changes have been implemented.
- Taking the lead in coordinating the content, design and successful communication of monthly UK, Irish & European travel agent newsletters and press releases on behalf of Cara Hotel Marketing and its clients. Final sign off by the Marketing & PR Manager.
- For allocated partner accounts, to annually compile a list of tour operator brochure launch dates for the following 12 months, as well as the copy deadlines for each brochure (approximate where specific information is not available).
- For allocated partner accounts, to request new brochure pages from tour operators, using the relevant Contracting & Distribution Log as a check-list. To then proof these pages to ensure they adhere to client brand guidelines before signing off in time to meet copy deadlines.
- Keeping an organised and up-to-date online library of all client Marketing & PR activity that takes place in the UK, Irish & European markets.
- Supporting the Marketing & PR Manager in the regular content management of client trade-facing websites specific to the UK, Irish & European markets, e.g. amragents.co.uk, amragents.de.
- Attending regular media, travel trade and consumer shows/events, including the organisation and coordination of certain events. Occasional evening and weekend participation will be required.
- Taking the lead in managing the day-to-day UK, Irish and European social media strategy for Cara Hotel Marketing and its clients.
- Reporting monthly client campaign results in statistical format, in order for the Marketing & PR Team and appropriate members of the Sales & Marketing Team and Commercial Team to be fully aware of performance in relation to revenue targets. To then proactively work with the Marketing & PR Manager and rest of the team to implement recovery strategies and activities where necessary.
- On-going market research and knowledge building within the travel industry in order to be aware of changing trends and to highlight opportunities/threats that these may present, including opportunities for new business development.
- Supporting the Marketing & PR Manager with contributions to all client reports, by providing detailed updates on all Marketing & PR activity and strategies in the UK, Irish & European markets.
- When necessary, to assist the Marketing & PR Manager in coordinating VIP media stays and Media FAM trips to client hotels and destinations.
- On-going maintenance of the company’s Contacts Database, to ensure up-to-date and accurate content relating to partners.
- Liaising directly with hotel clients to ensure that the internal team is kept fully up-to-date regarding all relevant destination golf promotions. Also keeping this information up-to-date on the office server.
- Contributing to ad hoc project work as required by the Managers and Directors.
Key Performance Indicators
- Relationships with media partners and tour operator/tourist board PR & Marketing departments
- Evidence of successful tour operator and media partner campaigns
- Depth of understanding of the Marketing & PR environments
- Attention to detail, particularly with reference to proof reading
- Level of client product/service knowledge
- Support and training provided to the Marketing & PR Executive and Marketing & PR Assistants
- Ability to think creatively and ‘out of the box’
- Task and time management
- Interpretation of monthly statistical reporting and responses taken
- Event and exhibition organisation skills
- Quality of written and verbal reporting
- Management of social media content
- Ability to identify changing trends and new business opportunities
- Ability to take the initiative
- Client satisfaction
- Compliance with company policy and procedures
- Colleague engagement
- Experience working in a marketing or PR environment, preferably in the travel industry
- An interest in digital marketing
- An interest in and basic understanding of the travel industry
- Motivated and results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- A good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
- A creative thinker, able to frequently suggest new ideas
- Thrives on working in a team environment, but also has the ability to work individually
- Analytically minded; able to evaluate and report on the results of marketing activity/campaigns
- Ability to adapt and work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Good IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or equivalent is preferable.
This job description reflects the overall scope and responsibilities of the role. However it is not an exhaustive list and the jobholder is expected to undertake any other reasonable duties that might be requested. All jobs change or evolve over time in order to meet corporate or local needs and this job description will therefore be subject to periodic review and change if required.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"