SENIOR TRAVEL CONSULTANT - NOT FOR PROFIT
SENIOR CORPORATE TRAVEL CONSULTANT, NOT FOR PROFIT TRAVEL
£28, 000 to £35,000 + Benefits
A niche travel management company are seeking highly experienced Consultant’s to join their London based team.
Working as part of a small team you will be responsible for organising travel to some of the most obscure corners of the world. This is fundamentally a service led role, ensuring the customer is offered the best travel option at all times. The company specialise in organising travel for charities, aid organisations and other not for profit companies. All applicants must have an in-depth knowledge of airline routes, airfare construction (nett fares) and worldwide geography. You will have worked for at least 2 years in a long haul travel environment, tailor-making round the world or multi sector itineraries. All applicants must be conversant with Galileo, Sabre or Amadeus CRS. The successful candidate will be joining an expanding business at an exciting time, a fabulous opportunity.
They offer a fantastic benefits package along with a generous salary, quarterly bonus and a lively working environment, along with;
- Excellent progression opportunities
- First class training and development (from an award winning team)
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- 23.5 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted staff travel
- Free refreshments
- Funded Team nights out with regular company social events
This is a full time role. Office hours are 8.45am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
To continue delivering exceptional service standard, we require team members who are adaptable and have a desire to expand their travel knowledge while helping clients reach obscure destinations.
- Previous experience working as a Business Travel Consultant
- A passion for travel with demonstrable energy and self-motivation
- A "lead by example" work ethic to drive first class customer service
- Experience dealing with high volumes of email and call requests processing complex travel bookings
- Experience of nett fares, including air passes and RTW fares
- Excellent Worldwide travel knowledge
- Good CRS knowledge - Galileo preferable but cross-training can be given
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the confidence to deal with clients over the phone on a daily basis
- The ability to work independently, and within a team, to achieve individual and team targets