Agency Sales Executive - Maternity Leave Cover
The Agency Sales Executive (ASE) is responsible for increasing C&K agency sales in both passenger and revenue through our existing accounts; identifying and securing new areas of business and increasing the profile and knowledge of C&K in the trade. Working with the National Account Manager (NAM), the ASE acts as a company representative to travel agents, trade organisations and targeted consortia groups.
Job role summary
- Manage the execution of sales through travel agencies in Great Britain.
- Responsible for increasing C&K agency sales through our existing accounts.
- Responsible for identifying and securing new areas of business
- Working with the National Account Manager (NAM), the ASE acts as a company representative to travel agents, trade organisations and targeted consortia groups.
- Build awareness of Cox & Kings’ brand and product portfolio within the trade and provide education, training and tactical marketing.
- Promote appropriate incentive programmes for travel agents and partners.
- Fast track new distribution channels for C&K’s products and build critical relationships in support of meeting business objectives.
- Expand relations through networking across the travel agent industry by attending sponsored events, conferences, roadshows, travel agent evenings.
- Conduct follow-up after sales calls, meetings, training, sales events and conferences to support overall team objectives.
- Provide regular progress reports to management regarding sales efforts.
- Mainly working ‘on the road’ with attendance at the central London office at least one day per week.
- Assist the NAM with escorting agents’ educational trips
- Develop and administer agent retention schemes
- Support the &K Sales and Marketing teams in their interaction with agents
- Source and disseminate market information
- Report line to the National Account Manager
Required skills and experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to make presentations to audiences large or small, clearly, confidently and calmly
- High degree of commercial acumen and ability to identify opportunities
- Proven experience of problem-solving
- Sales expertise and proven ability to meet sales targets
- Ability to multi-task and be well organised
- Strong product knowledge of some or all of Cox & Kings’ key regions
- Proven ability to develop productive working relationships with partners from external companies
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working for a tour operator in a field sales role
- Established relationships with key stakeholders within independent travel agencies in the UK
- Experience of selling Cox & Kings’ key products would be a benefit
- Travel experience in Cox & Kings specialist destinations is preferred but not essential
- A clean driving licence