Sales Manager - Destination Specialist Tour Operator
Sales Manager - Destination Specialist Tour Operator - Brighton £35-40k
This exceptional specialist Tour Operator are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Sales Manager, with experience in designing tailor-made safaris/small group travel and managing a small sales team, to cover maternity for approximately 1 year, with the potential of staying on after this. You must have excellent communication skills, have a passion for the natural world and management experience.
This international tour operator based in Brighton, specialises in designing extraordinary journeys into the natural world. Their USPs is based on creating tailor-made trips for discerning travellers who want to experience something unique and potentially life changing, balanced with an ethical and environmentally responsible approach. They pride themselves on in-depth destination knowledge and incredibly high standards of customer service.
They are a small but committed and friendly team with a real passion for what we do. In return, we offer a competitive package and a fantastic central location in Brighton.
Sales Manager - Destination Specialist Tour Operator - Skills Range/Experience
- Indepth knowledge and understanding of the travel industry
- Strong commitment to selling and promotion of the company and brand
- Organised approach to delivering and selling
- At least 2 years management experience
- Excellent internal and external communication skills (verbal and written), and phone manner, as well as a great ability to listen.
- Able to manage and prioritise workloads
- Good computer skills and ability to quickly learn new systems
- Willing to travel abroad for familiarisation trips
- Great destination and camp/lodge knowledge
- Passion for the natural world, and getting others to experience it.
- At least five years' experience selling travel and designing holidays
- Experience of effectively managing small teams.
Sales Manager - Destination Specialist Tour Operator - Job Description
- Managing sales team and team leaders on a day to day basis
- Regular training sessions with the sales team
- Submitting reports to MD as/when required
- Taking on new enquiries from the initial contact stage all the way through to returning back from their clients
- Ensuring the smooth operation of all safaris and responding to any problems, as and when they may occur
- Identifying and proposing best possible sales pricing and commercial strategies to MD
- Working with marketing and product departments to ensure market driven product development
- Understanding and training on all internal systems
- Organising and budgeting familiarisation trips for sales team
- Working with finance to ensure complete accountability for all safaris
- Recruitment and retention of sales team
- Attending travel shows and representing the company as/when required
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk