Business Development Manager – South West & Ireland
Ever trekked to Machu Picchu? Eaten your weight in Tacos in Oaxaca City? Haggled your way around the souqs in Marrakech? If you answered yes to any of these, chances are you came home and bragged about it. And why wouldn't you? Talking about travel is awesome. So how would you like to do it for a living?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing team of Business Development Managers, at the world’s leading adventure travel company. Responsible for growing our industry sales in South West England & Ireland, you will build relationships on the ground with our agents, offering training, marketing and commercial support. If you are passionate about our style of travel, can inspire others and are a driven self-starter, we’d love to hear from you.
· To maximise Intrepid Group sales in your region through developing and maintaining relationships with industry partners.
· To provide excellent training and service to enhance existing industry relationships.
· To create growth through managing key account partnerships.
· Help manage the UK & Ireland industry sales budget in collaboration with Head of Industry Sales.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Qualifications and/or experience in sales ideally in a travel industry role (2 years minimum experience).
· Knowledge of the UK travel market.
· Personal and/or professional travel experience in multiple destinations in which Intrepid operates.
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Results orientated
· High standards of customer service and excellent communication skills
· Ability to create and manage sales strategies, promotions etc
· Ability to manage within budget
· Strong organisational skills
· Problem solving and decision making capacities
· Ability to work independently and in a team
· Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
· Friendly, flexible and a sense of humour!
· An understanding of and belief in Intrepid’s Responsible Travel philosophy and Core Values
To apply, please click on "Apply Now", full job spec available at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/uk/about/employment
Closing date for applications 17th February 2017