Luxury Tour Operator - Boutique Travel Store Manager
A very prestigious, luxury travel brand is offering an incredible and exciting opportunity for a driven Retail Travel Manager to lead their boutique store team to deliver against revenue targets, while delivering superb industry-leading customer service to our client’s customers and maximising the impact of the store.
- Accountable for meeting and exceeding retail sales targets. To drive all sales and to convert bookings by closing the sale and driving top line figures whilst achieving the budgeted operating profit
- Measure the financial performance of your staff overall and as individuals against the costs of running the store to ensure the best possible productivity
- To actively champion, promote and remain a strong ambassador of our client’s brand and values
- Establish a highly attractive and engaging, innovative, professional and welcoming retail environment to create the ideal conditions for effective selling and industry-leading innovative customer service in keeping with our client’s brand vision of being the UK’s leading super-premium holiday company
- Promote a training & product development culture by offering travel consultants exciting travel educationals to destinations sold. Also, ensure all staff have an excellent understanding of all destinations sold by our luxury client, including their other travel partners featured, which are in the store and each travel consultant becomes an expert in at least one particular region
- Establish and develop links with local businesses, develop local marketing initiatives and campaigns and set up in-store events where appropriate and commercially beneficial to drive sales and build relationships with loyal local customers
- Work closely with the Head of Sales, Sales management and HR teams in head office to ensure common policy and practices are followed where appropriate and communication of all company matters is swift and comprehensive so that all retail staff are kept fully informed at all times
- Experience of managing a retail travel store, with profit and staff responsibility
- Strong track record of delivering sales results and exceptional service
Job Related Skills & Knowledge:
- A genuine passion for travel especially long-haul destinations
- Good all round understanding of the sales and commercial aspects of tour operating, including scheduled flying
- Excellent working knowledge of at least one travel agent or tour operators’ reservations system
- Excellent commercial judgement
- Can demonstrate achievements in meeting tough sales targets and delivering exceptional customer service at the same time.
- Shows by their actions that they consider exceptional customer service to be of paramount importance
- Understands the importance of the sales and customer service function as a crucial medium for conveying a company’s brand vision and values
- Proven ability to motivate, enthuse and lead a team; thrives during periods of pressure and high volume of work and able to create an upbeat, motivating sales environment
- Persuasive, articulate and influential, but down to earth and friendly with customers, staff and colleagues alike
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. Resourceful and practical; can think on your feet and solve problems quickly and effectively. Positive “can do” attitude
If you’re an experienced Retail Travel Manager looking for your next step up, this role is the perfect opportunity to progress, grow and work with a Luxury Travel Brand. The basic salary is up to £28,000 plus uncapped commission and endless luxury educationals.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.