Senior Bookkeeper (Accounts)
Our client is a long established and dynamic tour operator, now seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join its busy & friendly team. This tour operator offers various types of travels including group tours, meetings, FITs, incentives, events and leisure travel. This exciting Bookkeeper role entails a wide range of tasks in which no day will be the same, this includes:
- Provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of general ledger, sales ledger, purchase ledger and cash book maintenance.
- Setting up new client / supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the sales and purchase ledger.
- Producing sales invoices and credit notes.
- Running off weekly sales and purchase reports
- Credit control - Chasing up outstanding debts before the client is due to arrive into the UK.
- Work out VAT on supplier invoices.
- Pay out money via BACS as well as prepayments to suppliers.
- Check and reconcile supplier statements.
- Enter purchase and sales invoices into the accounting system.
- Prepare supplier invoices.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Relevant knowledge and understanding in a similar role and industry.
- MUST be from a hotel, travel or leisure background.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to process deadlines.
- Knowledge of a computerised accounting package, such as TAS or similar.
- High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Lucrative salary
- Sociable working hours
- Career progression
- Travel perks
- Opportunity to work for a forward thinking and dynamic tour operator, in state of the art offices, within a friendly team in which you will be rewarded for your hard work.
To apply click APPLY NOW, any questions give us a call on 020 8393 9925 and our dedicated team can assist in locating the right opportunity for you.
Apply for Senior Bookkeeper (Accounts)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly