Mandarin & Cantonese Speaker - Tour Leader Operational Support Role
Are you a fluent Mandarin & Cantonese Speaker? This Award Winning travel organisation is a specialist wholesaler/inbound tour operator for Europe. From FIT's to leisure and incentive groups, our client draws on its extensive expertise to offer the travel industry a personalised and professional business-to-business service. Concentrating on Europe means our client has accumulated a vast directory of key travel suppliers in each country. This detailed knowledge of hotels, service providers and events helps create itineraries throughout Europe that are as memorable as they are enjoyable.
The Tour Leader Operational Support Role:
- Forward planning of all groups arrival from Asia (daily reports for arrivals within the next 5 days)
- Double checking & familiarising with the itinerary before arrival
- Check if all vouchers have been issued or if any vouchers are missing and need to be passed to the tour leader on arrival
- Get all driver’s details + pass to the sales offices and the tour leader
- Liaise with the LDC / Service department if any driver details are missing (call the supplier directly to get the details). Make sure all drivers details are received and passed to tour leaders. None of the tour leader arriving next day, shouldn't be without driver’s details wondering in the airport with the group
- Check the model/age of the coach with the coach company or LDC / Service department + double check if the information from the coach company is correct when speaking to the tour leader (if possible ask for a picture of the coach)
- Ensure that all coaches have an authentic client logo/sign (work together with the LDC / Service department), especial attention for cruise groups!
- If an assistant is included, pass a copy of the travel documents and vouchers to the assistant to pass to the tour leader on arrival and ask the assistant to take a picture of the coach for us + double check if the age/model corresponds with the information received by the coach company
- Send a SMS to the tour leader on arrival to welcome him/her to Europe and remind him of the emergency number (followed by a phone call 1-2 days later)
- Call the tour leader 1-2 days after arrival in Europe to check if everything is ok + again in the middle or the end of the tour
- Check with the tour leader on arrival if he/she has all documents and vouchers – supply any copies if needed and send it to the hotel (re-confirm if received)
- If any train tickets need to be delivered to the hotel, ensure that they have been received by the tour leader
- Handle any tour leader calls during the day
- Handle emergency calls from tour leaders outside working hours when carrying emergency phone
- Prepare a report for all tours, highlighting any feedback which could be important to improve our services
- Meet all tour leaders personally if they pass through London to get their feedback face-to-face (might be after working hours)
- Booking & contracting Chinese Restaurants across Europe (in co-operations with the service department)
- Help with amendments for the groups from sales department/operations- reconfirmation of the services
Skills and Experience:
- This role is looking for a travel candidates who is fluent in Mandarin & Cantonese
- You will have experience of working in travel within a tour operator, travel agent or an airline, our client will also consider travel graduates
- The candidate must have sound European geographical knowledge with Fantastic time management, multi-tasking and organisational skills
- A positive outlook is essential and you must be passionate about delivering excellent service along with a strong desire to learn and continually expand your product knowledge, possess a “Can do’ attitude at work, where nothing is too much trouble and be flexible to adapt in a changing environment
- The Mandarin speaker must have a high command of the English language, both written and spoken
This position is a great opportunity for the successful applicant to work with an excellent travel organisation and be part of a diverse multi-national team, where you will be rewarded for your hard work and be paid a starting salary of £17,000 - £18,000 per annum, plus annual bonus.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.