International Cruise Product Manager
This is an exciting new international opportunity within the thriving & expanding product and commercial team. You will forge and develop relationships with key overseas cruise line partners to grow market share and innovate the product offering with the ultimate aim of hitting commercial targets. The International Product Manager is responsible for driving the product forward through our continued international expansion, ensuring sailings for each local market are well maintained, promoted and competitively priced and merchandised.
As part of the Product and Commercial Team, you’ll work closely with the Sales, Marketing and operational departments to champion the growth of the international products. This role is based in the UK.
- Through previous experience & knowledge you will be able to identify gaps in the market and new opportunities as we continue to expand into new overseas markets. Be able to source applicable content to build & price product competitively and innovatively.
- Be experienced in effectively positioning, facilitating marketing & merchandising product to optimise sales & margin. Processes can always be improved!
- Continually monitor competitor positioning and activity to ensure we are best in market at all times.
- Work alongside the Marketing department to develop activity for key campaigns and to help plan the relevant actions to maximise returns.
- Weekly/monthly dashboard reporting to the Head of department on KPI and targets.
- Actively engage with the business to ensure two way communication lines are open at all times and to communicate effectively to both the sales teams any new/ relevant information.
- To work alongside and coordinate with fellow Commercial Managers where necessary.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to work closely with more junior members of the team, sharing skills, developing and delegating where appropriate.
- Strong language & communication skills are essential - European languages are a distinct advantage
- Enthusiastic and tenacious with a strong desire to succeed
- Self-motivated with a consistent work ethic to help drive incremental sales
- Excellent cruise line pricing knowledge
- Ideally also with knowledge of dynamic packaging components
- Previous cruise line, ship and destination knowledge is desired.
- Previous commercial/account management experience (within travel/cruise).
- People focussed with a passion for innovating product
- Excellent attention to detail with good IT and system skills.
- Able to communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels using all media.
- Highly organised, able to multi-task and work under pressure to achieve deadlines.
The role can be based in Portsmouth or Wimbledon with a flexible work pattern worked over a forty hour week (typically Monday-Friday 9am- 6pm) but flexibility will be required to cover busy times and events.
Salary – Dependent upon experience.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"