Sales & Marketing Executive
Cruise & Maritime Voyages is Britain’s newest privately owned cruise line and part of the CMV Travel & Leisure Group, currently employing 110 shore based staff.
This challenging and exciting position with a wide ranging remit will entail working from the Company’s Purfleet; Essex based sales office within a very busy Trade Sales department.
The position will mean working to administrative deadlines and sales targets, providing back up to the call centre (weekends, when required), representing the company at outside promotional events involving weekends and weekday overnights and visiting local travel agents 2/3 days per month in a merchandising sales support role.
During the three month induction period, training will be provided including an insight into the company’s marketing and communication strategy, a full product overview and working for a period in the call centre.
The Sales & Marketing Executive will provide full administrative Sales and Marketing support reporting directly to the Trades Sales Support Manager.
Reporting directly to the Trade Sales Support Manager, the following attributes will be required:
- A progressive approach with a flexible work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team, to prioritise and to work to tight deadlines sometimes working beyond the standard office hours.
- Self motivated, organised and confident individual with a positive disposition and strong desire to succeed. Some public speaking duties maybe required.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Email and a basic knowledge of Sales and Marketing functions.
- Full driving license and references.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Trade Sales Support Manager will manage, supervise and allocate the following duties and responsibilities:-
- Travel Agent and Tour Operator registrations and trade database management.
- Processing all trade enquires including brochure requests, promotional materials and marketing support requests.
- Supporting the Sale Management team by forging relationships with travel trade partners with weekly out-calling and local merchandising visits as required.
- Running weekly trade sales reports for the Sales Management team and analysing all sales activities and ensuring all data is loaded onto the trade database.
- Produce trade e-blast sales circulars weekly as required.
- Execute and coordinate trade mailings as required.
- Proofing of all marketing materials from Tour Operators and Travel Agents alike for accuracy and compliance with CMV corporate styling guidelines.
- Internal communication of advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Collation and circulation of weekly marketing reports.
- Check all marketing invoices and expenditure and process for approval by Commercial Director.
- Organise and administer Trade Ship Visit programme and attendance where required.
- Organise and administration for attendance at Cruise Shows.
- Run weekly checks of agent websites to ensure all CMV data is accurate.
- Produce weekly offer updates for key partners.
- Update key partner systems with special offers.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs.
Some evening and weekend work will be required to cover promotional events, exhibitions and press days, a day off in lieu will be provided for Saturday/Sunday working, as advised by the Line Manager.
Following a probationary period, a basic salary of £18,000 per annum will be offered and reviewed annually in December.
There will be an initial probation period of three months. Once you are engaged with us full-time a one month notice period will be required, should either party wish to terminate the relationship, but during your probation, under 1 month’s service no notice period is required, 1 month up to successful completion of your probationary period a 1 week notice period is required.
During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid.
For weekend overtime, a day off in lieu will be provided for each full day worked.
All overtime must be approved in advance by the Line Manager.
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
- A workplace pension scheme will be offered after three months of continuous service.
- Concessionary travel with CMV – following six months of continuous service.
- Staff discounts on selected travel products.
- Business mileage can be claimed at 0.25pence per mile and company expenses can be claimed, subject to approval by Line Manager and completion of the Company’s standard expenses claim form and full substantiation with all receipts.
CMV is a progressive company who encourage organic career development and enjoy a low turnover of staff. This position offers a good career opportunity for an ambitious and creative individual to join a largely non-corporate, medium sized and privately owned organisation. Unlike many other UK based cruise operators, CMV’s UK office is not just a sales operation but a fully-fledged and ‘hands on’ cruise line closely aligned to both the product and customer.
CMV also have established sales offices in Australia, USA and Germany and are estimated to carry 120,000 ocean and river cruise passenger in 2017.
In addition to the core cruising business, the Company also have other travel and leisure related interests within the group. These include a long-established coach wholesaling business, a high-street travel agency and business travel house with an overall shore side team of 25 staff.
This is an exciting time to join CMV as we enter into a rapid growth plan with the addition of a new ship to our fleet, Magellan (joined in March 2015). We have also just announced that we will be acquiring another new vessel to the CMV fleet; Columbus will be joining the fleet in 2017 and will take our cruise capacity to 90,000 passengers, an increase of 20%.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"