Account Sales Executive
We currently have a vacancy for an Account Sales Executive, based at our office in Purfleet.
The key objectives of the role are to proactively drive sales through an allocated database of existing coach operators, developing their sales potential, and identify new clients within the industry establishing the best market potential.
The successful applicant will be required to prepare and execute a sales plan, make regular telephone and email contact with allocated clients, identify when they are planning future tours, develop client relationships and convert requests into profitable business for the company.
It is essential that the candidate is able to prioritise and has effective time management skills. He/she will be able to identify where to focus time and effort for a profitable return.
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a can-do attitude, capable of working as part of a team and experienced in achieving sales targets.
This vacancy is ideal for a person who has natural sales talent, is commercially-minded and able to build strong client relationships.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a good geographical knowledge and understanding of tourism destinations within Europe and the UK. Experience of the travel industry is desirable.
The Account Sales Executive will report directly to the Sales Manager and will work closely with the Senior Sales Administrator.
- Identify, grade and target clients according to sales potential.
- Schedule telesales calls (and occasional visits) with target clients according to when they are planning tours.
- Identify and target clients to sell existing allocations to, aligned with sales and profit needs
- Generate sales enquiries from clients and make sure that the right product is found to best match their purchasing profile and other specific requirements.
- Prepare Costings and Quotations.
- Chase quotations and maximize conversion into confirmed bookings.
- Maintain and update existing client profiles.
- Audit questionnaires to/from clients about the quality of tours operated and check for repeat booking requests.
- Achieve required deadlines and KPI’s as outlined by the Sales Manager or needs of the business.
- Attend trade exhibitions when required (including weekends)
- Acceptance of the need to travel and be away on business overnight as necessary, although this will be minimal and advance notice will be given.
- A positive attitude to additional tasks in line with business needs
Candidate knowledge and skills required:
- Relevant experience in travel, preferably with experience of tailor-made bookings.
- Good general geographical knowledge of UK and European countries and tourist destinations.
- Computer literate inc., Word, Excel and Power Point skills.
- Experience of dealing with group travel preferred.
- Excellent communicator, talking to clients and listening and collating client profile information.
- Good administration and organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise daily activity with emphasis on being on the phone selling.
- Team player co-ordinating sales team work.
- Ability to plan and review daily, weekly and monthly work to meet targets.
- Candidates must possess a current/valid Driving Licence and have own transport. If used for business purposes, an agreed pence per mile can be claimed.
- A full valid Passport (with any necessary/relevant visas) must be held by the applicant.
Following a probationary period, a basic guideline salary of circa £25K per annum, commensurate with experience will be offered and reviewed annually in December.
There will be an initial probation period of three months. Once you are engaged with us full-time a one month notice period will be required, should either party wish to terminate the relationship, but during your probation, under 1 month’s service no notice period is required, 1 month up to successful completion of your probationary period a 1 week notice period is required.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs.
During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid. For weekend overtime, a day off in lieu will be provided for each full day worked.
All overtime must be approved in advance by the Line Manager.
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
- A workplace pension scheme - following three months of continuous service.
- Concessionary travel with CMV – following six months of continuous service.
- Staff discounts on selected travel products.
ICT is one of the leading wholesale tour agents for the UK leisure group travel market and has a reputation for arranging travel products and services at a level of quality and value for money that is second to none. The company is also a designated trade partner of Disneyland Paris.
ICT is part of the CMV Travel & Leisure Group and, in addition to the wholesale travel business, the Company also has other travel and leisure related interests within the group. These include a long established private groups business providing tours throughout the world, a high street travel agency and business travel house, plus Cruise and Maritime Voyages, an international operation with offices in Germany, North America and Australia.
This is an exciting time to join the Group as we enter a period of rapid growth across the organisation.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"