Sales Support Administrator
This is a very busy role within an exciting and fast growing organisation. Smile Group Travel is a company that specialise in sports tours both for participation tours and for supporters tours. For participation tours, our clients are Professional Sports teams, Amateur Clubs, Schools and other educational establishments. We offer tours to all major sports destinations and also to many less well known. For consumer tours, we offer opportunities to travel overseas to watch and support an array of sporting events.
Smile Group Travel are part of a larger travel organisation and we also sell a wide range of other travel services. We have established an excellent reputation for delivering high quality tours and this combined with a strong sales and marketing strategy has resulted in significant growth for the company. As a result of ongoing expansion, we require an experienced Sales Support Administrator to join our team. As the role develops there will be regular opportunities for European travel. This is a crucial role to allow the growth to be maintained and in fact accelerate further. Training will be provided both in role and via external providers.
There are opportunities for career progression for an able, aspirational and hard-working individual, most likely leading to a central role in the organisation’s continued growth and expansion, potentially to Operations Manager.
Smile is part of the Cruise & Maritime Voyages Travel and Leisure Group of businesses and is based at the company head office in Purfleet, Essex.
Central facilities such as IT, Finance, HR and facilities are provided by the parent company so, this role is very focused on supporting the development of the business.
The Sales Support Administrator will report directly to the Operations Manager and subsequently to the Managing Director who oversees the Company.
- To help develop European based tour programmes.
- To help run administration for tours to all destinations.
- To help distribute marketing material to target audience (and keep appropriate records).
- To take bookings for consumer products.
Specific Responsibilities -
- Managing all aspects of organising tours – to include helping compile quotes, preparing and despatching letters of confirmation, invoices and receipts, securing ATOL certificates, preparing rooming lists, organising payments to suppliers.
- Supporting all individual customer products to include taking bookings and payments, making all necessary bookings with airlines, hotels, transport companies etc.
- Ongoing liaison with all relevant parties involved in delivering tours including airlines, ground transportation companies, hotels, ground tour operators, tourist authorities and negotiating rates with suppliers where appropriate.
- Attendance at trade shows to promote company tours and services.
- Attendance at client meetings where necessary.
- Constructing and organising detailed tour itineraries for our European offers.
- Compiling testimonials and carrying out customer surveys.
- Managing pre-tour Health & Safety considerations.
- To develop new or enhance existing tour products for Europe in conjunction with Sales and Marketing team.
- Some basic website administration.
- Maintaining records of payment schedules.
- Distribution of marketing material to relevant clients and maintaining records accordingly.
- Additionally, the individual will be involved in company strategy issues and the selection of new products and services.
Candidate Knowledge and Skills Required:
- It is essential to the success of this role that the individual is organised, highly energetic and capable of managing a very busy and diverse set of responsibilities.
- The role requires an individual with a range of skills in administration, planning, marketing and communication.
- The chosen individual will need strong communication skills, able to liaise appropriately with a broad range of people, including suppliers, clients and officials, face to face, by telephone and in writing.
- Previous experience of the travel industry is desirable, as is a good understanding of a European language, preferably French.
- An interest in sport would also be of significant benefit.
Following a probationary period, a basic guideline salary of £18,000 to £20,000 per annum commensurate with experience will be offered and reviewed annually with a one month notice period. Salary will be paid according to experience and potential.
A standard three month probationary period will apply based on an annual salary of £18,000 to £20,000 pro-rated accordingly. A one week notice period will apply.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs.
During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid.
A day off in lieu will be provided for Saturday/Sunday working, as advised by the Line Manager and subject to staffing rota. At the discretion of the Line Manager, ‘paid’ overtime may also be considered instead of the day off in lieu.
22 days per annum, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday request will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least two weeks’ notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
- A workplace pension scheme after three months service.
- Business mileage can be claimed at 0.25pence per mile and company expenses can be claimed, subject to approval by Line Manager and completion of the Company’s standard expenses claim form and full substantiation with all receipts.
- Staff discounts on selected travel products.
Smile Group Travel Summary
Smile Group Travel is part of the CMV Group, and are a specialist Travel Tour Operator offering group tours across the world for sports people and supporters. In addition to the Sports Tours business, the Company also have other travel and leisure related interests within the group. These include an ex-UK Cruise Line (Cruise and Maritime Voyages), a long established coach wholesaling business (ICT), a high street travel agency (Air Viceroy) and business travel house with an overall shore side team of 90 staff. Cruise and Maritime Voyages is also an international operation and was also introduced to the North American market in 2011 following the opening of our sales office in Florida, and to the Australian market in 2013 with the launch of our sales office in Sydney.
This is an exciting time to join Smile Group Travel and the Sales Support Executive will play a play a pivotal role within the team in meeting the company’s objectives and goals
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"