Reservations Consultant (Telesales)
Due to further expansion of our business, we are looking for a sales driven, enthusiastic Reservations Consultant to work within our growing call centre. The Reservations Consultant will be located within the busy Passenger Sales department working within a team of 15 other telesales staff and a further 15 administrative staff, handling all matters relating to cruise bookings. CMV operate four vessels ex UK (five in 2017) and all direct sale and agent cruise bookings are handled by the call centre in our head office in Purfleet (RM19 1NS), near Lakeside Shopping Centre.
Each Telesales Reservations Consultant will report directly to the Reservations Supervisor and subsequently to the Head of Passenger Sales who oversees the Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To maintain a high quality telephone sales service to direct passengers, Travel Agents and Tour Operators.
- To answer the Cruise & Maritime Voyages phone promptly & clearly at all times
- To accurately input all data given by passengers at the time of making their booking and ensuring it is complete before finishing the call.
- Whilst most callers do have a specific grade of accommodation that they may wish to book, try to up-sell to a higher grade of accommodation, so working to a tight sales conversion.
- To maintain and deliver a high level of customer service to callers at all times
- To try and sell ancillary products and additional cruise add-ons to customers
- To be a team player and also be able to work on your own initiative.
- To be able to work on a shift rota as the office opening hours are based on a 6 day working week with cover also required in the evenings
- To achieve monthly sales targets and conversion rates
- Hold a full clean driving licence as you may be required to attend cruise Embarkations when the passengers join the vessel for their holiday or company sales days where you may be required to assist
- To be able to fly to some ports where we carry out as some embarkations and the occasional overnight in a hotel beforehand maybe required
- To be well groomed and dressed in the work place.
- To have a happy, enthusiastic and organised approach to your work, which can be demanding, but rewarding, during peak periods of the season.
A basic salary of £18,000 per annum (Circa), commensurate with experience will be offered and reviewed annually every December, subject to a three month probation period.
Commission earning opportunities will also be available while working in the call centre under the Company’s standard terms and paid monthly in arrears.
A standard three month probationary period will apply based on an annual salary of £18,000 pro-rated accordingly, subject to three written references.
Once engaged with us full-time, a one month notice period will be required, should either party wish to terminate the relationship, however during the probation, a one week notice period on either side will apply.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs, however The Reservations department operates from 09.00 to 20.00hrs Monday to Thursday, 09.00 to 18.00hrs on Friday and 09.00 to 17.00hrs on Saturday.
The Reservations Consultant will therefore work eight and a half hours a day (including one hour for lunch) for five days out of the six in accordance with the rota prepared by the Passenger Manager. Within the rota the Reservations Consultant will be required to work every other Saturday, with a day off in the week accordingly.
The standard shifts patterns for Reservations Consultants are:
- 09.00 to 17.30hrs
- 10.00 to 18.30hrs
- 11.30 to 20.00hrs
During the week, extra hours worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, overtime will not be paid.
For non-contracted additional weekend overtime, a day off in lieu will be provided for each full day worked. At the discretion of the Line Manager, overtime may also be considered instead of the day/s off in lieu based on a pro-rata basis at the daily or half daily salary rate. In the event of extended overtime hours beyond the full day a flat rate of pay will apply and thereafter increased, if an overnight is required.
All overtime must be approved in advance by the Line Manager.
22 days per annum, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday request will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one months notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
- A workplace pension scheme - following three months of continuous service.
- Concessionary travel with CMV – following six months of continuous service.
- Staff discounts on selected travel products.
- Business mileage can be claimed at 0.25pence per mile and company expenses can be claimed, subject to approval by Line Manager and completion of the Company’s standard expenses claim form and full substantiation with all receipts.
CMV is a progressive company who encourage organic career development and enjoy a low turnover of staff. This position offers a good career opportunity for an ambitious and creative individual to join a largely non-corporate, medium sized and privately owned organisation. Unlike many other UK based cruise operators, CMV’s UK office is not just a sales operation but a fully-fledged and ‘hands on’ cruise line closely aligned to both the product and customer.
CMV also have established sales offices in Australia, USA and Germany and are estimated to carry 120,000 ocean and river cruise passenger in 2017.
In addition to the core cruising business, the Company also have other travel and leisure related interests within the group. These include a long established coach wholesaling business, a high street travel agency and business travel house with an overall shore side team of 25 staff.
This is an exciting time to join CMV as we enter into a rapid growth plan with the addition of a new ship to our fleet, Magellan (joined in March 2015). We have also just announced that we will be acquiring another new vessel to the CMV fleet; Columbus will be joining the fleet in 2017 and will take our cruise capacity to 90,000 passengers, an increase of 20%. The Reservations Consultant will play a play a pivotal role within the Reservations team in meeting the company’s objectives and goals.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"