Purchasing Manager - Mauritius & Seychelles
1 day left
- Contract Type
dnata Travel is recruiting for a Purchasing Manager, ideally based in Mauritius to support the centralised solution for hotel relationships with dnata. You will proactively develop and manage a network of leisure product and service providers in the region as a single point of contact for hotel, DMCs and other land suppliers on behalf of dnata Travel and its affiliate companies. Leverage technology to achieve seamless connectivity with hotel partners to drive room night production.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key contacts across all assigned suppliers to facilitate negotiations and secure the edge over competition.
- Deliver account management with clear development plans/rolling files for leading hotel companies assigned in each market and supervise the Contracting Executives/ Assistants in the execution of account management.
- Work with the product team to set and deliver the bed brief and provide regular feedback on local market conditions and new opportunities.
- Manage the supplier negotiation process at the optimal time to ensure required rates, allocations and release periods are agreed, competitive, finalised, comprehensively loaded and available in accordance with agreed SLAs and briefs with affiliates to ensure speed to market and differentiation can be maintained. Directly accountable for room materialization at the assigned selected hotels. Constantly monitoring and managing performance and taking necessary action.
- Support and negotiate alongside the internal customer’s Marketing team to ensure maximum contribution from suppliers is being raised for brands campaigns
- Maximize commercial return on relationships by ensuring highly competitive brochure contributions and sale overrides are incorporated into the contracting process and ensure supplier revenue targets are met and if necessary re-negotiated to achieve the best financial gain
- Oversee site inspections of existing and new properties to ascertain suitability
- Supervise the loading of rates and information for assigned suppliers into contracting system, ensuring minimal errors in collaboration with the loading teams and in line with defined quality control standards and service level agreements.
- Ensure the reservations, operations and finance teams are provided with accurate data to complete booking processes and produce accurate customer invoices.
- With the businesses’ product teams evaluate market requirements related to the needs of tactical products to support the defined business strategy.
- Support the product team with the delivery of content, images, product awareness and knowledge.
- Manage CRM accuracy to ensure customer satisfaction and encourage supplier development and partnership.
- Manage the contract library and control document access to ensure consistent record retention and facilitate the resolution of contract issues to minimise any impact on service disruption, ensure that reviews are conducting (including legal) in a timely manner.
- Implement the Health and Safety procedures set by the company
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree standard in a business, travel or sales management subject
- Previous experience in the travel industry within a Product/Purchasing Manager or Product/Purchasing executive capacity - some of which should be within the Mauritius/Seychelles region
- Proven ability to exercise commercial judgement in the selection, negotiation and contracting of tour operators or hotel services.
- Knowledge of geography and an understanding of the tour operating industry
- Strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of working within a multi-brands environment
- Analytic skills
- Proven ability to meet production and commercial deadlines
- IT literate
- Excellent written and oral English language skills, French would be an advantage
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"