Associate Director Operations, Global eBusiness - Relocate BKK
Associate Director Operations, Global eBusiness
Our client is one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms worldwide, listing more than 650,000 hotels and providing services in 38 languages. Their operating headquarters is in Bangkok, where the top team resides, and more than 900 professionals are based there.
As Associate Director of Operations - Hotels Team, the key objective will be to lead operational efficiencies to achieve objectives of the Hotels Team. You will bring a strong project management and analytical acumen coupled with market place knowledge, and a high level of operational savvy. In addition, the capability to establish and develop long term relationships with both internal and external customers will be a key to the success of the role.
Responsibilities will include: (1) leading operations team globally to achieve set objectives (2) managing and optimizing plans for supply partnerships to drive operating goals, (4) develop strategy for Hotel related systems/ tools (5) managing operational project tasks to improve efficiencies in the Hotels team.
- Project Manage new key initiatives in areas of product, operations and analysis;
- Lead and mentor teams both in Bangkok and in regional offices to achieve KPIs;
- Increase operational efficiencies and revenue increases within the Hotels Team department, and inter department workflows;
- Support and optimize Hotels Team tools;
- Lead change in extranet and APIs and seek ways to optimize performance of team and customers;
- Work with senior management to achieve project funding and regular updates
- Deep analytical skills in cube data and reporting;
- Share and seek out best practices and knowledge;
- Coordinate with central management on planning and objectives.
- Bachelor or equivalent degree required;
- MBA a plus;
- 5 - 6 years operations or project management experience required;
- Proven track record in project delivery and team management;
- Multinational commercial experience preferred;
- E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus;
- Strong Communication Skills with fluency in English; Secondary language desirable;
- Prior experience working in Airlines, Technology or Tourism sector desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally);
- Ability to communicate value proposition to potential partners;
- Adaptable to new technologies, quick learner;
- Understanding of the principles of conversion, ROI and financial metrics associated with online advertising and online partnerships;
- Team leader and team player;
- Professional "get it done" attitude and work ethic;
- Past success in mentoring and building sales organizations that cater to long term customer relationships;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly disciplined work habits;
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change;
- Creative and Innovative
Please note that this role is based in Bangkok - Full visa & relocation are available for qualified candidates - Overseas applications are very welcome!