Senior Mobile API / Back End Developer - Relocate to Bangkok
Technologies of interest to us and hopefully you (we are not expecting you to have them all):
- C# expert
- Scripting (Python / Ruby / …)
- WCF / Web API, IIS
- Cassandra / Hadoop
- A/B testing
Engineering topics of interest:
- Clean architecture
- API development techniques
- Design-patterns (Gang of four)
- Object oriented programming and design principles
- Testing (unit/integration/system/...)
- Automation of work process (CI, tools, etc)
- Strafe-jumping like a pro in Quake 3 with your colleagues
Our client understands the value of a great mobile experience for our customers and are constantly investing in mobile app development. Last year they launched a very successful update to their iOS and Android apps - a totally reengineered and redesigned experience - built from the ground up with the newest technologies. This doesn't stop them from constantly extending their product, re-evaluating outdated technologies, and constantly pushing to become the world's best.
They are looking for engineers who love and understand .NET stack and seek the challenge of using cutting edge technologies to create a robust, scalable, and blazing-fast API. You will be expected to deliver high quality, well-designed, and thoroughly tested code within tight time constraints; so a solid understanding of OO design principles and modern testing practices will be crucial. You are expected to be fluent at explaining and justifying your decisions. Expertise in distributed platforms (like Hadoop, Cassandra, etc) is a major plus, but we expect you to be able to master these and many other technologies as they go.
In addition, they expect superb attention to the details of performance and scalability of produced solutions (SQL queries, smart caching, code, and more). You will be expected to introduce proper measurements in production and constantly analyze them to verify set performance goals and suggest further improvements.
Ultimately, they are looking for real technologists who have a great passion for creating the robust, scalable, and reliable back-end architecture required to support fantastic apps. They want innovative ideas on how to save their customer another 100 milliseconds waiting for results or how to architect the server side to support tens of thousands of requests a second.Responsibilities:
You will join the mobile app scrum team with iOS, Android, and back end developers, and as part of your day-to-day responsibilities will:
- Come up with the best suitable technology and architecture for your tasks
- Work closely with all team members to understand full stack functionality and architecture
- Communicate constantly with product owners to understand and measure business values of developed features
- Contribute ideas (technological and product) to enhance the overall app experience
- Address production issues of the system
We welcome applications from both international and local based applicants. A relocation package and visa sponsorship will be offered to eligible persons.
If you bring what it takes and this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.