Agent Support Manager - Travel Industry
Our client is the largest independent Travel co-operative in the UK with gross sales of over £1 billion and a trusted, household brand. Currently seeking an Agent Support Manager to join their team to support their home-based travel agents across the UK with building their businesses.
The successful applicant will directly work with a team of Personal Travel Agents with their day to day business to support them with motivation, ideas and the delivery of their business plans and to identify areas where training can benefit the Agents and support them with finding and completing the relevant training. The role will also include to deliver some training courses for Agents and to be available for day to day support of Personal Travel Agents.
As this role is all about supporting self-employed Travel Agents with building their businesses we are seeking a highly motivated and driven individual with previous experience in either the travel homeworking or retail travel environment. You will have a passion for supporting others and will be structured and creative with your approach
Agent Support Manager duties:
The role will include:
- Working directly with a team of Personal Travel Agents with their day to day business to support them with motivation, ideas and the development and delivery of their business plans.
- Coaching and support of Home based Travel Agents
- Assisting in the organisation, development and delivery of training
- To be visible and available to Agents for their ongoing business and personal development support.
- To work with new Personal Travel Agents in their first year to deliver a focussed support to help them deliver their first year business objectives.
- Build and sustain effective professional relationships with all Personal Travel Agents
- Support and drive profitable performance towards the achievement of individual PTA forecasted sales and profit plans.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered by our Personal Travel Agents.
- Provide Agents support with sales & marketing strategies.
- Build a high level of Personal Travel Agent engagement through effective communication and initiatives.
- Address any difficult situations with a sensitive and professional manner in order to bring to a satisfactory conclusion.
Agent Support Manager skills:
- Solid team management experience with a sound understanding of the market place and the travel industry
- experience in either the travel homeworking or retail travel environment
- Effective prioritising, planning, organising, negotiating and influencing skills
- A self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Experience in personal coaching / training
- An organised orientated approach
- A positive team player who motivates others
- Enthusiasm, energy and commitment
- Adaptable and able to work in a fast paced environment
Agent Support Manager skills:
- Salary from £25000 - £27000 dep on experience and skills
The company have seen great success through their collaborative, fun, dynamic and values focussed approach. A friendly team with one common goal - to help and support their Personal Travel Agents to be successful, everybody who joins this organisation has the opportunity to develop a rewarding career within an organisation, which is widely considered to be one of the best in the business.
For a fully confidential discussion on this position, please email your full current CV as soon as possible.
Please ensure your CV is up-to-date and tailored to the position you are applying for. Remember to include recent work history and any other relevant details.
Due to volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted.