IT Support/Helpdesk Analyst
South West/Centrral London
£23,000 + Benefits
My client is a leading travel company seeking an IT Support/Helpdesk Analyst to support their IT users across both the UK and across Europe.
A minimum of one years experience in a similar role is essential
IT Support/Helpdesk Analyst Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To be part of a proactive team of support staff responsible for delivering a high quality, customer-focused professional service.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Liaise with IT ‘customers’ on reported faults to keep them updated on progress, fostering and maintaining effective working relationships at all times.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Prioritise and schedule problems. Escalate problems when unable to resolve to senior support staff and/or third party suppliers. Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- To provide basic training for staff in the use IT Systems including Business software, general applications and hardware.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
IT Support/Helpdesk Analyst Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Recent and relevant experience on an IT Helpdesk/Service Desk or in an end user support role is essential.
- Recent experience of providing support for MS Office Users is essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products including Windows 7, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is essential.
- Good understanding of Server Operating Systems and Networking including some or all of the following:
- Windows 2008/20012 Server Administration, Exchange Server administration, Active Directory, user account setup and administration, DHCP, WINS, IIS.
- Basic network troubleshooting including TCP/IP utilities and configurations e.g. DOS troubleshooting commands and utilities.
- Good understanding of IT hardware and network software systems including:
- Dell laptop, desktop and servers, Apple Mac, PC and notebooks
- Hardware –switches, hubs, MFC Printers, printers, routers, wireless networking products and other peripheral equipment
- Experience of supporting some or all of the following software applications:
- Photoshop, Adobe CS, Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, MS Vision, MS Project.
- Experience of supporting and administering databases running on the following database software
- MS SQL server, Oracle and MS Access
IT Support/Helpdesk Analyst Salary and Benefits
- Base salary of £23,000
- 22 days annual leave rising by one day per year of service
- Discounted travel
To apply for this IT Support/Helpdesk Analyst Knowledge & Skill Requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for an immediate interview.