Regional Manager, UK and Europe
About the Organisation:
Destination NSW is a Public Service Executive agency with responsibility for developing and implementing strategies to grow the visitor economy. Our particular focus is on driving tourism and acquiring and developing major sporting and cultural events for Sydney and Regional NSW. In addition, Destination NSW is the major investor in Business Events Sydney with the aim to secure more international conventions, incentive travel reward programs, corporate events and exhibitions for Sydney and Regional NSW.
About the Role:
The Regional Manager, UK and Europe leads Destination NSW’s operations currently in the UK, Germany and France markets to grow tourism and business events nights and expenditure into NSW to achieve Tourism 2020 goals. This is achieved via: Developing and implementing annual plans to grow these markets to Sydney and NSW; developing partnership programs to work co-operatively with airline, key industry partners that provide promotion/distribution channels; identifying opportunities for publicity and promotion of NSW destinations and major events; providing market intelligence feedback and regular market activity reports to the Sydney Head Office and representing Destination NSW in the region and represents the organisation at a variety of industry events, forums and meetings.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Demonstrated experience in the tourism/travel industry including a sound knowledge of the structure and operation of the industry is essential.
- An existing network of contacts within the UK, Germany and France travel trade and the distribution network.
- Proven track record in developing partnership programs with the travel trade that provide a high level of ROI for all partners.
- The ability and willingness to take a hands on approach in the day-to-day operations in the UK and Germany based offices.
- Proven experience in all aspects of business operations including financial, administrative and human resource management.
- Sound team management skills, including coaching and mentoring.
- Significant experience in formulating and implementing annual business plans, including monitoring and reporting
- Thorough understanding of the UK, Germany and France markets and culture.
- Creative ability and innovative flair, well-developed relationship management skills and excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Preparedness to undertake domestic and international travel as required.
- Must possess the current right to work and live in the UK.
- Ability to speak Germany and/or French would be an advantage.
What’s On Offer?
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a hands-on role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities in a challenging and highly competitive market.
Applying for the Role:
Applicants should respond to the following two targeted questions in a covering letter [maximum two pages] as well as supply an updated copy of their resume [maximum five pages] with relevant skills and experience and identifying how these relate to the capabilities of the role.
- Outline your experience in developing and implementing annual strategic business plans and how you monitor and evaluate to inform future planning.
- Provide an example of a partnership marketing agreement you have negotiated with an airline and/or a major travel trade partner including the objectives, investment and outcomes.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"