Marketing Manager – Partnerships
The Customer department merges the key functions of Marketing and Customer Insights which brings together customer experience, customer data and marketing to the forefront of our business. The creation of a new Customer Directorate within AGL demonstrates its commitment to putting the customer at the centre of the business to drive better business decisions and company performance.
This is a key role in ensuring that AGL maximizes the marketing and revenue generating opportunities in the AGL Global environment for new airline partners.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join the Airline Onboarding Marketing team. This role will require the Marketing Manager to work collaborative with our newly onboarded airline partners (pre and post launch) to ensure we maximise delivery of marketing plans, activities, campaigns and customer communications that support Avios Group Limited (AGL) targets in the business plan (and as agreed with Airlines) – supporting existing and new markets as required.
The Marketing Manager is required to maximise Avios exposure in airline channels to drive flown accrual and redemption revenue for Avios through a combination of marketing activity through Avios Travel Rewards Programme, Airline and Non-Air Partner channels.
This role is permanently located in the Avios head office in Crawley. However, the role will require occasional travel (roughly 2-3 times a month) to airline partners offices.
What you will be doing… ·Accountable for supporting the development and delivery of AGL Airline onboarding marketing plans in line with the AGL Business Plan and working closely with the Avios Marketing, Commercial, Brand, Customer Engagement, CRM, PR and Insight teams to achieve AGL business targets ·Support the development of the strategy for new airline integrations to deliver acquisition, issuance and redemption targets
- Responsible for delivery of new Airlines and related Non-Air Partner activity generating Avios revenue and customer engagement
- Responsible for managing budgets for required activities by close collaboration with Airlines, partners and other AGL teams.
- Provide well-thought through plans, powerful and accurate briefs and business cases
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with Airline marketing teams
- Work collaboratively with the AGL Airline Partnership team
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the Airline strategy and related market sector
- Implement test and learn strategies to maximise ROI of every activity
- Report campaign results to key stakeholders and communicate learnings/recommendations for future activity
- Seek new opportunities in technology, CRM, media or other innovations areas to deliver ideas to the Airlines
- Manage multi-channel new partner launches securing partner channel access and incentives to drive acquisition
- Ensure delivery of agreed airline and related Non-Air partners marketing activity on time, on brief and on budget
- Ensure marketing activity achieves issuance and redemption targets as part of the overall marketing plan
- Support integrated campaigns, securing access to partner channels, customers and marketing budgets
Team and agency Management
- Manage a Marketing Executive to deliver Avios related communications in partner and AGL owned channels
- Build trusted relationships with the airline and partner key contacts and foster a strong and effective working partnership in collaboration with Commercial and Airline relationship team
- Work closely with partner’s marketing agency to develop trusted and collaborative relationships
What we are looking for..
- Self-confident, assertive and a professional outlook
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player who can build strong relationships with the ability to be proactive and work independently, capable of influencing stakeholders at a senior level
- Adept at working internationally across different cultures due to liaising with and travelling to other markets
- Excellent strategic and creative thinking with a passion for marketing success and ROI
- Team player who can build strong relationships
- Proactive individual who can work independently
Skills, qualifications, expertise and experience
- Language skills (verbal and written) – Spanish, Italian or French - essential
- A Marketing Manager, educated to degree level within marketing with significant experience in Marketing, preferably in the airline or travel industry with a proven track record in delivery of effective campaigns
- An experienced line manager who can coach and grow individuals to create a high performing team
- Customer focused with strong commercial acumen and understanding of business planning and budgeting processes
- Good knowledge of market and consumer research, able to translate insights into actionable campaigns recommendations
What we can offer you…
- A competitive salary of up to £41,500 depending on experience
- Annual Bonus (dependant on Company & Individual Performance)
- Company Pension
- Private Health Care
- Childcare Vouchers
- Travel Insurance
- Exciting global travel industry discounts including flights, hotels, international rail, cruises & tour operators
- After 6 months service, Unlimited standby flights anywhere in the world on British Airways and other airlines
- Discounts on British Airways flights and holidays from day one for you, your friends and family
- New Joiner Avios/Birthday Avios/Thank you Avios
- Discounted Train fares
- Shuttle bus to/from Gatwick Airport (and town centre at lunch time)
- 25 days annual leave, plus 2 days charity leave
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply now"