Leisure Travel Manager
Leisure Travel Manager – Based in St Ives
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is driven by success and wants to take their career to a new level. Travel Prestige was launched in November as a leisure side to an established corporate TMC that wanted to take a new lead into the retail / bi-leisure market.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person to come into Travel Prestige to take it to new heights. You will take ownership whilst having autonomy to come up with new ideas and innovations to make the department successful, including social media, networking events, drop-in sessions, exhibitions, referrals and making use of your own network to grow the business. As our Travel Manager you will be in regular contact with our partners and suppliers as well as having a role to play in marketing and obtaining sponsorships as required. You will be responsible for the recruitment process in building your team with training and continuous staff development in amongst which will feature an apprenticeship scheme.
Working in a brand new environment within corporate offices based in St Ives together with leading technology, all we need is you with your travel expertise and vision to make people’s holiday dreams become a reality.
This role is Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30 (one hour lunch break) with 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days over the first 5 years, private medical cover, pension scheme.
You will be responsible to hit or exceed sales targets and help the Directors grow the business.
- promoting and marketing the business, sometimes to new or niche markets;
- attending Exhibitions and Networking Events
- selling travel products and tour packages;
- sourcing products and destinations to meet consumer demands for bespoke travel
- liaising with travel partners, including airlines and hotels, to manage bookings and schedules, often one year in advance;
- dealing with customer enquiries and aiming to meet their expectations;
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills;
- diplomacy and tact;
- innovation and energy with a desire to drive others;
- commitment to people management;
- sound judgement with attention to detail;
- competent IT skills; GDS skill would be an advantage
- strong organisational skills;
- resilience to cope with long hours and pressure at peak times;
- a genuine interest in travel
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"