Aviation and Ticketing Manager
Our client is an established tour operator with over 35 years’ experience dealing with a wide range of worldwide destinations. Seeking an Aviation and Ticketing Manager to lead and drive the aviation and ticketing department and staff.
The Aviation and Ticketing Manager will be responsible for assigning job duties to individual staff members and prioritizing workloads. They must also ensure that all tasks are completed in an effective and timely manner.
Providing guidance and coaching, the Aviation and Ticketing Manager will train all new incoming staff as well as provide any necessary support and additional training to current staff.
The Aviation and Ticketing Manager will also be required to assist with daily tasks including the following:
- Ensure incoming calls are answered promptly and dealt with to the best of ability.
- Monitor aviation and ticketing email inbox and ensure emails are responded to promptly.
- Booking of both low cost flights and scheduled flights as well as processing schedule changes
- Ensure our fares are loaded in the GDS and that we have IT contracts with our airlines.
- Tickets are all issued by their deadline as well as processing refunds and ADM’s
- Ticket documentation is sent to clients in the appropriate time frame.
- Online check in forms are filed, processed on the airlines website and clients are sent boarding passes.
- ETA’s, ESTA’s and visas are completed correctly and sent to clients in sufficient time prior to departure.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by either your Manager or Director.
The successful candidate will need very good organisational skills, an excellent telephone manner and the ability to work to deadlines. GDS experience is essential for this role.
The environment is modern, friendly & vibrant and everybody who joins this organisation has the opportunity to develop a rewarding career within an organisation, which is widely considered to be one of the best in the business.
For a fully confidential discussion on these positions, please email your full current CV and covering letter as soon as possible.
Please ensure your CV is up-to-date and tailored to the position you are applying for. Remember to include recent salary history and any other relevant details.
Not the job for you?
If you recommend someone who isn’t known to New Frontiers and we go on to place them in a role (plus they pass their probationary period, T’s and C’s apply), we’ll send you £100 of vouchers as a massive thank you!! Ask them to forward their most recent CV to email@example.com mentioning YOUR name so we know who’s recommended them. We’ll call them straight away to find out how we can help.
Due to volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted.